Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Week / Month / Trimester confusion
Wendy12345678 posted:
Hola! Well I'm confused, and hope I don't sound dumb lol. My doctor goes by weeks, but people ask me how many months I am, then today I checked my pregnancy calander which said welcome to the 3rd trimester, which I thought started at 28 weeks, and I'm 26 weeks. When I'm asked how far I am I just give a general answer, because I'm not really sure what month its considered lol! Is anyone else getting confused???

frogtoleap2006 responded:
Yes, I get confussed to. I am 18 weeks but my book says that I am 5 months but really should be 4 months. I am so confussed. So I just tell people that I am 18 weeks. Let them keep guessing or Ill tell them my due date.
39 years old. Boy 18; Boy 16; Baby EDC March 4, 2011; will have in February 2011 (Csection)

Sigma3rc74 responded:
The Docs go by weeks rather than months because is it a February month or an October month and the weeks in a month vary so much. So, I just stick to the weeks too to keep it easy. For other moms, they get it. If they don't - like PP said - let them guess! LOL!

heatherenee responded:
It is soo confusing lol The older ladys in my church every once in a while will say "how far are u now and don't give me any of that week stuff" lol which leaves me standing there thinking about it...im like well uhh...im 23 weeks so...i guess about 6 months. (yes i know how to divide by 4, but im always confused if ur considered 6 months at the end of 24weeks or if ur then officially 5 months lol Owell). For some reason in my mind, to say 6 months sounds much further along than I was thinking I was, I feel like im exaggerating haha...anyone else feel that way? As far as the third trimester, webmd calendar and both of my books say it starts at 26 weeks so thats what I'm going by.
Heather(25),Jon(23), Baby boy due Feb.1, 2011.

Wendy12345678 replied to heatherenee's response:
I feel that way also, when I say 7 months I feel weird, like its not true. Like am I just 6 and a quarter, or actually 7, or what!? So I guess I should technically be moving up, but the top of this thing sais weeks 13- 27 is the 2nd trimester, so I feel weird moving up to the 3rd, or claiming the 3rd trimester. Guess this is just going very fast and I'm reluctant to let it catch up to me too. Better get to work preparing LOL.

Maria0909 replied to frogtoleap2006's response:
If you think about it you are 5 months frogleap. I am going to be 18 weeks on Friday and so I have been 5 months since the 17th week. If you think about it another 5 months from now, given the 10 months of pregnancy, we will be in March. I printed out my calendar from www.justmommies.com It takes into account the shorter and longer months so you don't have to try and guess.

Maria0909 responded:
Go to www.justmommies.com and put in your due date. They calculate it out for you taking into consideration the shorter and longer months.

MRSKuhns responded:
I use i-am-pregnant.com to help me :)
Here, i will show you how it breaks it down for my due date of January 19th:

There are 105 days until your due date on January 19, 2011.
You are 175 days pregnant.
You are 5.7 months pregnant.
You are in your 6th month of pregnancy.
Your 1st trimester: April 14, 2010 to July 13, 2010. (0 - 12 weeks)
Your 2nd trimester: July 14, 2010 to October 26, 2010. (13 - 27 weeks)
Your 3rd trimester: October 27, 2010 to January 19, 2011. (28 - 40 weeks)

This help me a lot when trying to tell others so I just tell them i am almost six months pregnant :)
Me (22), DH (25), Blue Team Jan.19,2011

jlbwondering35 replied to MRSKuhns's response:
I use i-am-pregnant.com too! I just found that website b/c I thought I was finishing up my 5th month, but I'm really 4.5 months (so in my 5th month but still have a couple weeks to go!) LOL! SO glad I'm not the only one who is totally confused!

Right now I just tell people I'm in my 5th month...:-)
ME (36) DH (39) BLUE TEAM!!! EDD 2/28/11

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Dawn. I am 24 years old, and my husband and I are expecting our first child in June 2010. I am excited and nervous all at the same time! ho...More

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.