Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
22 weeks pregnant & severe pain in my lower right abdomen
SamanthaRB posted:
I have been in and out of the hospital but just keep leaving with even more pain medication. My doctor though I was dehydrated but that's turned out not to be what's wrong. I will be perfectly fine and then can drop to the floor in an instant with sharp pain. The severe pain will have me crippled for up to an hour if i dont take anything for it. And after a pain episode i am left sore and feeling nauseous and drained for the next few days. I've been in the emergency room too many times and have seen too many doctors... DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON OR HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS? This isnt the ligament pain, ive tried sleeping with extra support pillows, resting for a while, staying active, and trying different diets. A few years ago the doctors found benign cysts on my ovaries but the condition has been gone for quite some time, so that is not the case. Tests have also shown that this is not my appendix. PLEASE HELP.

abbygailsmom1 responded:
My thought would be that your baby is hitting a nerve causing you the pain. I don't know that for certain, but if most common ailments have been ruled out, then maybe a nerve. You might also have your OB check your ovaries again for cysts. They can and often do come back which could be the cause of the pain. If you have had an ultrasound they should have checked them then.
Me (30) DH (28) DD1 (5) DD2 (2) Baby boy Korbin expected via c-section early Jan 2011

kristinrayerootes responded:
I was thinking nerve pain too. I get it where I feel like I am going to fall to the ground, but I never have. I also do not feel sick and drained afterwords. That part makes me think maybe it isn't a nerve issue?

An_217072 responded:
Have they checked you for kidney stones or gallstones? I have had lots of gall bladder problems this pregnancy and it can be excruciating.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Samantha,

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you are experiencing such pain! The previous posts suggesting nerve pain and gallstones are great ideas to speak with your doctor about as well as kidney stones, constipation and another ovarian cyst.

Please take care of yourself and call your doctor especially if you experience any bleeding. You are in my thoughts and I hope you start feeling better soon! Keep us posted!
Best Wishes! Amelia

SamanthaRB replied to abbygailsmom1's response:
They've done numerous ultrasounds and no cysts have come back. Everything has looked absolutely normal. Ive had 4 ultrasounds in the last month.

SamanthaRB replied to An_217072's response:
My mom had kidney stones when she was pregnant so that was another thing that they looked into. They have not seen anything at all as far as kidney stones or gallstones. Thats something we ask CONSTANTLY. but the doctor insists that is not the problem

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello!! My name is BJ. I am a mother of 3 sons, and 2 step sons. I have been married to my best friend for 2.5 years. We are expecting our first (and ...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.