Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Constant Movement
clovertine posted:
I swear, my baby never sleeps. I keep trying to remind myself that this isn't going to last forever & I should really enjoy all these kicks, rolls, & squirms while they're going. I know I'll miss the moving after it's born & I do sit & enjoy it sometimes. But MAN, this kiddo is one active fetus!

Anyone else have little gymnasts in their bellies? Am I the only one that begs baby for a break sometimes? :sheepish:
Christine and DH: Scotti - DS: Logan born June 2, 2008 - My Perfect Boy. New little tadpole due 2/13/11! Yellow Team! Hoping for a successful VBAC!

StarryGrrl responded:
My now 2 year old son was just like that in the womb. This baby must be a lot more laid back, because she really doesn't move a whole lot. I feel her roll and squirm several times a day, but not nearly as much as my DS did. Poor DH can't wait until he can feel the baby move, but everytime she kicks (which is kinda rare) she will only do it once or twice, so by the time DH puts his hand on my belly, she's done kicking. It's all so different this time around!
Me and DH (31) DS 2 yrs. old. Baby girl on the way EDD 2/19/11

krazykatt707 responded:
I thought my son was really wild. His sister is worse! I've been feeling her since 14 weeks and she gets vicious with my organs! She kicks hard enough to be seen from the outside. And it's non stop. Esp after I eat or sit down for the day. I feel the same way. I should enjoy it but sometimes I just want to be able to get some rest. All for a good cause though right? : )
Rachel(26),DH(27),DS(3),EDD(2-6-11)

kamls73 responded:
Lurking from 3rd Tri: No Christine, you're not alone. I was just complaining to DH about that last night. When I was preg with DD she would get the hiccups constantly, always squirming & stretching & I would love it - it was my 1st preg so it was all new & enjoyable.

With this one - he too gets the hiccups all the time but they're not as exciting this time around. After every 4-5 hiccups he stretches & it hurts. It also feels like he's constantly doing front rolls & back flips. This little guy is bigger then my DD was at this point & according to my doc I'm all baby - so I feel it all ten-fold.........not fun.
me - Kerri (37), DH - John (38), DD - Mikaela (5-1/2), DS due 11/24/10 via scheduled c-section.....

sarahgrl responded:
Kinsey was like that when I was pregnant with her, she seemed to never ever stop. If I didn't feel her move for longer than 10 minutes I would worry 'cause she just never stopped. I'm very lucky this time around though. While this LO moves she does it in quick spurts and then is quiet for a while, like half an hour to an hour sometimes. Then I get a few minutes of quick movement and then she's quiet again. Makes it easier to enjoy when she does move.
Me (28) DH (28) DD1 (2) New LO Joining the PINK team!! DD2 EDD 2/19/2011

melissah210 responded:
im on baby #3 and I finally got to feel the little munckin move yesterday and boy did the booger have alot to say and took it out on my insides..

For awhile i thought the baby would never go to sleep and it still fascinates me seeing my belly move and my daughters LOVED it. It was sooo cute this morning shes in bed with me and puts her hand on my belly while im still half asleep and says "is baby awake, i want to feel the baby" soooo cute.

I described my daughters baby movements as them doing there Elvis, John Travolta dance, and practicing their martial arts with my internal organ.

Also cold drinks dont help the situation. Especially when your having your sonogram do not have anything cold or even orange juice, baby will not stay still long enough to get good pictures.

clovertine responded:
I'm glad I'm not alone. :smile:

I do enjoy the kicks & watching my belly move, but the non-stop thing can almost get sore sometimes!

You're definitely right though, Rachel. It's all for a good cause!
Christine and DH: Scotti - DS: Logan born June 2, 2008 - My Perfect Boy. New little tadpole due 2/13/11! Yellow Team! Hoping for a successful VBAC!

reb_hun replied to clovertine's response:
when did you guys start to feel your little ones move? i will be 11 weeks tomorrow with number two and i have yet to feel the baby move yet... :(

kal1973 replied to reb_hun's response:
reb_hun-don't worry about not feeling anything yet. I am also having my second child and the doctor made the mistake of telling me that as a second time mom, I would for sure feel things sooner. Well, no! It was WAY later this time, like just starting the "flutters" at 17 weeks and real movement not until 21 weeks. I was at my 20 week ultrasound watching the baby flip all over the place and the doctor saying "you really don't feel that??" I am 25 weeks now and I feel her frequently, but that's a solid 10 weeks AFTER he said I'd feel something. Admittedly, I am heavier this time around than I was with my first pregnancy and I have an anterior placenta, so that can make a diffference. But 11 weeks is early.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 years old. DH is 31. We have been together for 6 years and married for 4-1/2 years. We struggled with conceiving our daughter. We are now expe...More

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.