Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
HCG Levels SLIGHTLY High ... Anybody else?
MrszWatson posted:
I just got my results from my sequential screening part 2. They were negative! Thank God, right. Well so that means my baby will have 1 in 10,000 chance of developing down syndrome and all that other stuff.

HOWEVER ...

She did explain to me that they were worried about my HCG levels. She said they were slightly high, they were at 2.53 instead of 2. She explained that this is not something they are extremely worried about, but it is something they will have to monitor through ultrasound, which they will give me at 32w. She also said the only time they worry is when the levels are at 3 or above.

Does anyone else have high HCG levels?

Can you please explain to me what exactly it means. Because she said it could mean 1) high blood pressure for me later on in the pregnant, and now it's really low 2) pre-term labor 3) low birth weight.
EDD 04/17/2011; First Born :) E X C i T E D !

jlbwondering35 responded:
Hum...very interesting. I don't know much about Hcg levels. I haven't had mine checked since I first found out I was pregnant...but I have heard the three things you mentioned at the end of your post...

I'll be interested to hear what your Dr. has to say about it.
ME (36) DH (39) BLUE TEAM!!! EDD 2/28/11

MrszWatson responded:
hmm nothing huh ?? lol i will check back on monday .. :(

StarryGrrl responded:
Hmmm... I think I'm confused. I thought that HCG is the pregnancy hormone that our bodies start making when we are pregnant; the same hormone that causes pregnancy tests to come up positive.
Me and DH (31) DS 2 yrs. old. Baby girl on the way EDD 2/19/11

MrszWatson replied to StarryGrrl's response:
yeah i dont know thats what they told me and i looked it up and they said high hcg levels arent good as well as low hcg

StarryGrrl replied to MrszWatson's response:
I hope all turns out fine for you and baby. Keep us posted.
Me and DH (31) DS 2 yrs. old. Baby girl on the way EDD 2/19/11

MrszWatson replied to StarryGrrl's response:
ty i will find out tomorrow what exactly their talking about "/

Spotlight: Member Stories

hello my name is alicia (23) my dh(27) and I just got married july 24 and are expecing our fisrt lo on feb 2.we live at least 90 miles from both our m...More

Helpful Tips

Profile pic
Are you ladies having any trouble adjusting the picture for your profile? I haven't had any luck with adjusting my pic to show all of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.