Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Peeling breasts?
Cheltsy posted:
so i woke up one morning and noticed an odd light shiny wrinkly mark on my breast ok that was a couple weeks ago now their alllll over both breasts wtf is goin on!! it looked kinda flaky this morning so i scrathed to see wat would happen lol and it peeled! its not stretch marks cos i developed a couple of those and they arent ne thing like this and its even forming between my chest and traveling down my belly! is this happening to ne one else? i see my midwife next week ill be sure to ask her wat this is all about..oh the joys of pregnancy lol

clovertine responded:
That's happened to me. Not terribly bad, but there's been some peeling. I think it might have something to do with being dry or something. It's been awhile since I've had that, I don't remember it traveling at all, but I'm sure your MW will have some easy explanation for it!
Christine and DH: Scotti - DS: Logan born June 2, 2008 - My Perfect Boy. New little tadpole due 2/13/11! Yellow Team! Hoping for a successful VBAC!

tmrrmr4ever responded:
It is happening to me too!! I'm getting the "dry skin" on my stomach and my boobs. I don't know why though. I have just been putting lotion on every day and it is starting to go away. I have a feeling that maybe because the skin is stretching it is drying easier. I dunno if I'm right, but that's my guess!!
Me 18, DH 23, expecting first due 3/24/11! It's a boy!

Sprock responded:
I've found that bras with lace cups or with a cup that has a seam down the middle causes chaffing for me when I'm pregnant.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Christine & I've been married to my husband, Scott, since 2007. My sweet son's name is Logan & he was born on June 2, 2008....More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful