Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
help! baby not getting enough blood flow
An_217089 posted:
had my 20 weeks scan today, everything was good except for the bilateral uterine notches - meaning the baby is not getting enough blood and nutrient. I have been on aspirin for the past 3 weeks and the OB wants me to continue without seeming too concern.

Based on the online research, this is a serious problem that would cause stillbirth.

Anyone has/had this problem? Please share your experience and advice! Thanks.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon_126157,

Try to stay calm and just listen to your body. Honestly, the internet can be a wonderful thing, but also fill our heads with more anxiety than needed. Personally, I have had a hard time finding much information on this topic. If you are having any second thoughts, doubts or discomforts your doctor's treatment and/or opinion, it is never too late to ask another professional.

Just remember that staying calm, positive, healthy and informed is the best thing for you and your LO. I wish that I had more experience and insight on this, but hope that you find some information and please keep us posted. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.
Best Wishes! Amelia

An_250662 responded:
hi, im sorry to hear about this my friend is going through the same and i cant find info on it only this.. please could you let me no the outcome.. hope your ok xx

An_250662 replied to An_250662's response:
please help us as we are worried sick xx

Spotlight: Member Stories

Proud Army Wife (24) My Soldier (25) Our Fur Babies (1 dog, 2 cats, 1 sugar glider) TEAM BLUE!! EDD 7/25/10

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.