Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Discharge question
nic14120 posted:
I am 22 weeks today, and throughout the pregnancy my discharge has been white, clear, or even a yellowish tone. It can range from thin to thick. Over the last few days, I have noticed a greenish undertone to the yellowish discharge. It does not smell, I do not have irritation or itcheness, and I have not had intercourse. I read online that it could be a baterial infection, which could be very dangerous to the pregnancy. I called the on call nurse and she said because I don't have itchyness, it sounds to be normal. I can't help but worry. I am going to call to get checked this week, but in the mean time, does anyone experience this normally? It is not consistent, maybe have seen it a handful of times off and on lately. Thanks

mendezwife responded:
id get checked too just incase. I experience the discharge as well but not green undertone. its good it doesnt smell or burn but Id still ask to get checked too.
good luck.

RachelNuke responded:
I would get it checked. It could possibly be bacterial vaginosis, which you can have and not have any symptoms. Most women that get bacterial vaginosis don't know that they have it until they go in for a yearly pap. I had it once before, no discharge, no itchiness, no odor, nothing. I was surprised when my gyn told me I had the infection and needed antibiotics. I had never had any problems down there before either. I would definitely get checked, they can check with a simple pelvic exam. Good luck.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi nic14120,

How are you doing? Were you able to schedule an appointment or have you seen the doctor, yet?

I would also have this checked out, in case it is due to a bacterial infection. According to the second page of the WebMD Overview on Second Trimester:What to Expect , "If the discharge is foul-smelling, green or yellow, bloody, or if there's a lot of clear discharge, call your doctor."

You might also want to consider wearing a panty liner, so you can show the doctor exactly what you have been experiencing. I wish you the best! Take care and keep us posted.
Best Wishes! Amelia

nic14120 replied to Amelia_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you everyone! @ Amelia-thank you, yes, I did go in yesterday and saw the NP. She said that the greenish tone s usually indicitive of a yeast infection, however she did a wet test and said no yeast was seen, all looked good there. She did swab me and sent it out to the lab. She said if that comes back normal, it may just be a pregnancy thing. :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Melissa and I am 23 yrs old and my hubby, Jesse, is 24! We got married May 23, 2009!! :) We have 2 furry kids Winston and Claire Bear! We a...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.