Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Update on my Nephew!!
Jackie86401 posted:
So many of you know that I have been fighting to get my Nephew in my custody because my twin had disappeared pretty much. Well my sis reappeared and she is pregnant again!! I am so afraid for that baby because she has a history with drugs and when she disappeared I was afraid that it was because of she stopped showing up for her UA's(drug tests). Well we had our first home visit today from CPS to have him placed with us. It went really well and from the way the CPS worker was talking they are more than likely going to be taking her baby when she has it. I told them that we would take that baby as well obviously because I am not gonna leave that baby in foster care when we are right here to take it. She isn't due until June or July so it will be a while after my baby is born but if things keep going the way they are going I will have 2 toddlers and 2 infants by the end of next year. It sounds so overwhelming but I really don't care all I want is to have those babies safe and in a place that they are loved and learning good things. So much is going on right now I am having trouble thinking straight sometimes trying to remember what I am doing that day or that moment! I love my sister so much but I hate that she has no trouble getting pregnant and was able to have a vaginal birth so she isn't limited on how many pregnancies she can have. But me someone who can actually take care of my children and want more kids now but it took us almost a year to get pregnant with this baby plus one miscarriage and I and only allowed 3 pregnancies and I am already on my second! DH and I always talked about adopting and fostering eventually but we weren't planning on doing it for another 5-10 years when we are both out of school and well into our careers.
But as things are looking we will be getting my nephew at the very latest March. This is all we know right now but we will know some more soon!
Jackie(me) 24, Teddy(DH) 22, Xavior(Nephew) 3, Miley(daughter) 2, Lil one due 4/23/11

mindy48875 responded:
Bless your hearts for doing this!!! Those children are VERY lucky to have you and your dh in their lives!
Me(28)(DH(28) DS(2) via unnecesarian DS(1)VBAC! and the 3rd on the way! VBAC hopeful again!

camnfaithsmom responded:
Call it pregnancy hormones but I actually cried reading your post!! I think it is wonderful you and your DH are stepping up and taking on the responsibility your sister obviously doesn't want. I wish you and all the children the best!!!
Me-27, SO-28, Cameron-10, Faith-3, Serenity-1, Lil one due 4/10/11, officially the PINK team!!

DDK2005 responded:
Bravo to you & your husband!! i couldn't imagine being in that situation, but if I was I believe I would do the same thing. Those kids are lucky to have you in their lives. Best of luck. Do you have other family support?
Me: Dee (35)DH: Ken (35): DD: Ava 3/26/09: EDD: 4/2/11 - Yellow Team

crispy_critty responded:
That is excellent to hear! I always get very emotional/excited when I hear someone stepping up and doing what is best for the children. You and your DH definitely are amazing people in my book. It'll definitely be tough, but your DH seems to be a good support system for you. Congrats and kudos on being there for them!
(Me) 25 DF 28 DS 6 DS 5 DS 4 LO EDD 5/3/11 It's a girl!!!

Jhawkchick responded:
Major kudos to you and your husband. That is such an amazing and selfless thing you're doing. It's challenging enough for couples to be good parents to their own children, and now you'll be a family of 6 in a few months. You generosity is such an inspiration! Thanks for the update Jackie!
Me (30), DH (30), Fur Baby: Nugget(Shih-tzu/poodle, 1), EDD 3/30/2011--Pink Team!

wmatto83 responded:
Congrats to you ahead of time! I must say I admire what you are doing! I think you are an angel for doing this for these children you and your husband! I am glad to know that these two children will have better lives because of you!
ME (27) DH (38) Two Fury Friends (both 4) EDD 6/17/2011!!

Jackie86401 replied to DDK2005's response:
DDK Yes we have support from my adopted family and his family as well!
Jackie(me) 24, Teddy(DH) 22, Xavior(Nephew) 3, Miley(daughter) 2, Lil one due 4/23/11

Jackie86401 responded:
TY everyone so much its hard having to do this to my sister but I know it is the best thing to do for those children!

alsyond replied to Jackie86401's response:
Wow, that's amazing. I'm sure those kids and hopefully someday soon your sister will appreciate what you are doing! Good luck and congrats!
Me(29), DH(31), DD(2.5), 2nd baby EDD 4/3/11

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
You and your husband are amazing and I wish your whole family the very best! Happy Holidays to you all!
Best Wishes! Amelia

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'M BAAACCCKKK!!!! =o) My name is Alicia I'm 25 and I'm a PROUD MOMMY of 2 Daughters!! Rayna Nevaeh is 3 1/2 born 3/30/07 6 hrs labor 20...More

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.