Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
baby clothing.
jawariasid posted:
hi im 23 weeks now, n i was wondering where to get nice & affordable baby clothes? im a first time mom so no ideas. can any one help????
thanks.
happy,healthy pregnancy to all.:-D

AbbyGA responded:
Hi - you might want to try finding some consignment or used baby clothing shops locally. Babies go through clothing so quickly, it's frustrating to buy new and then box up a few weeks later ... no shame in buying second hand either. Here in Atlanta, there is a shop called Sweet Repeats that just sells used children's clothing and maternity clothes. Dirt cheap, excellent quality clothes. Only consistent recommendation is to never buy second hand footwear. Put your money into the baby's shoes and cheap out on the rest!

Two other good places I like for basics like undershirts, onesies, etc. are Target and Old Navy (look online at the clearance stuff). WalMart has good stuff too, but you have to be careful there b/c of the poor quality and threads hanging off everything.

And, for tiny babies, the best brand in the world is Gerber! Another tip that may help - don't buy newborn sizes of anything. Buy 3-6 months minimum, b/c newborns grow really fast!

Good luck, and have fun! Baby clothes are such fun!

sdadkin responded:
I agree with pp. Definitely check out the consignment stores in your area. Also, I would wait on buying any baby clothes until after you have your baby shower. I got all kinds of clothes at my shower for my first. And really, newborns don't need a whole lot. Basically just onesies, gowns and sleepers.

But of course I know how tempting it is when you're pregnant to want to buy cute little outfits for your little one. I would recommend Marshall's or TJ Maxx. A lot of times they carry the same items that places like Kohl's have for a lot less. Also, right now is the perfect time to buy winter clothes for next year. A lot of stores are beginning to get their spring lines in, so they're putting their winter clothes on clearance. Definitely something to think about!
Me (25) SO (25) DS (7/22/09) EDD (5/10/11) Blue Team!

camnfaithsmom responded:
I agree with pp. I swear by Marshalls and Babies R Us!!! Have fun with it. This is always my favorite part. Being that this is my 3rd girl I have my own little consignment shop at home. But shopping for "new" or atleast "new" to you is always fun!!
Me-27, SO-28, Cameron-10, Faith-3, Serenity-1, Lil one due 4/10/11, officially the PINK team!!

mendezwife responded:
Boscov's Department Store......in the store or shop online. I work at one & they have Carters for like 70% off all the time. Check it out! Sears does good sales too!

JenJ325 responded:
Ya know one thing I was told when I was pregnant with my first is, do not go overboard at expensive stores for baby clothes and I never listened.. This time I am for sure because its so true!! I would suggest like buying onsies and sleepers from like goodwill or a second hand store or clothes that the baby will be just wearing around the house from places like that because babies grow at such an amazing rate and you dont really know that when u have you have your first. Plus they get sooooo messy and stained. And just buy the babies going away outfits for better places Target, Babys r Us or wherever.

jawariasid replied to JenJ325's response:
thanks everyone,that was a great help,will definitely look into these stores. hopefully now i'll be able to shop some really cute stuff for my little one...

jawariasid responded:
thanks everyone that was agreat help, will now look into these stores for nice,& cute stuff for my little one :-)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 35 and after a 12 year lapse I am having another child!!! Found out yesterday it is going to be a little girl, which makes the 12 year old very h...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful