Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Drinking non alcoholic beers during pregnancy...
An_217157 posted:
I know that some N/A beers have a small percentage of alcohol in them, like .5% by volume, but I was wondering if anyone heard if it was ok/safe to drink while pregnant? I am craving a beer so bad, but if it is not safe, I could definately wait 13 more weeks to have one. Thanks!

rangerchick responded:
I have had random beer cravings too but the problem with alcohol is there is no way to know what amount is too much. I won't risk it because my cravings I can control by just thinking about the smell. Funny part is I don't drink much when I am not pregnant so I have no clue where the cravings have come from.

mandyhall29 responded:
I'm also craving it too! I got to admit that my husband's beer was looking good a couple nights ago! I don't want to take the risk of drinking while I'm pregnant... I made the mistake of drinking a before I knew I was pregnant; don't know how badly that effected my baby. Hmm, I don't know if a non-alcoholic beer is safe since apparently it has some alcohol in it. I recommend maybe having a virgin margarita or other drink that you know doesn't have any alcohol in it, even though it's a beer taste that you crave. Ask your doctor about the N/A beer at your next appt and let us know if it's safe :)

jlbwondering35 responded:
Lurking from 3rd trimester...I had a non alcoholic beer back in my second trimester and some alcohol free wine. From what I read, there is as much alcohol in those as a glass of freshly squeezed oj. Now I certainly didn't make a habit of it, but I did treat myself to that alcohol free wine at my shower and a glass at Christmas.
ME (36) DH (39) BLUE TEAM!!! EDD 2/28/11

rosecam responded:
If it's .5% it sounds like having 1 non-alcoholic beer would be a little like having a sip of wine! I'm sure that is fine, and a nice way to address the craving without harming the baby. But if you're really nervous, call your OB's office and ask them - they should know!

I've been having beer cravings too - any recommendations on tasty non-alcoholic beers? :)

An_217158 responded:
You can have a glass of wine a day while pregnant...so i doubt non-alcoholic beer is going to do any damage...plus there is more alcohol in a redbull.

An_217159 responded:
I had an appointment today with my doc and he said it was fine :) He said that there is not enough alcohol and that it is absorbed before it reaches the blood stream. Good to know. He actually recommended O' Doules! I went straight to the Beer Shoppe here in town and bought a Kaliber! Definately delicious!!! (It's made by Guinness and it is n/a!!) Definately recommend it trying it!! I have also heard from a friend that O' Doules Amber is pretty good, too! Thanks for all of your replies!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 yrs old with a B.S. degree in Apparel Design but plan to get my masters in Art Therapy. My Fiance and I are expecting our first child. I have ...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.