Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Have any of you...
BeautifullyBlessed posted:
had a period during any of your pregnancies?

I know they say technically you can't but we all know some women experience bleeding that's like a period and that's what I'm referring to.

I'm just curious and EXTREMELY hopeful. I've had 2 periods since me and DH last BD'd, but now that my period is over I have backaches, knee aches, dull stomach cramping and a tightening in my chest.

I've had odd dreams and my sister asked if I was pregnant, so that made me even more hopeful.

Lurking...

Alleeson responded:
Taking a test is the only way to know for sure. GL!
Me (31) DH (37) DD (2) Due June 27th

hisangelface responded:
Honestly, I wouldn't get your hopes up too high. It is impossible to have a true period when pregnant but some bleeding can happen that people think is a period. However, red blood during pregnancy should always be looked at and is usually not a good sign.

The only way to know for sure is to take a pregnancy test. Especially since "pregnancy symptoms" mean nothing without a positive pregnancy test. There are lots of other reasons why you may be having those symptoms.

Good luck!
Me (33) and DH (33). We have twin boys born May 2008. We are expecting a 3rd son on June 13th. Yay for the BLUE team!

volley17 responded:
I agree while not impossible, it is not likely, however I will tell you a little bit about my story. I was waiting to go on clomid back in Nov and started bleeding on Nov 1st.Then I stopped later that day. So they had me take a test and it was neg. Then I started again Nov 5th after office closed, and bled for a couple days fairly regularly. Again by the time I talked to the Dr it stopped. They ordered blood tests and preg was neg and hormones showed I should be starting any day. Well long story short that went on for 2 weeks. Then finally on Nov 16th after 4 neg blood tests and too many HPTs to count I had an ultrasound which showed my uterus was "too thick" and not shedding. Dr. said I needed a D&C. I begged for one more test because in my heart I just felt pregnant. Well, it came back at 1227. So I was pregnant and they put me on progesterone supplements to build the level up to pregnancy level and said that is why I was bleeding most likely. Then they wanted me back in 1 week to make sure they could see the sac. Well I went back on the 22nd only to have them find 2 sacs! TWINS! so I guess what I'm saying is while unlikely, it is possible and just don't give up if you feel it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 28, married my wonderful DH (28) on March 10, 2011. We started TTC the end of January and got VERY lucky and became pregnant within the first ...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.