Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Weight Gain...the monster!
Powermad posted:
Hi moms. Anybody gaining too much weight. I have! Already packed 23 pounds and I'm only in week 23. I've never been on a diet in my life, always been slim and I am currently keeping myself pretty active. I take ballet lessons twice a week, I work 4 times a week and also walk 15 blocks about twice a week, I walk my son to school...etc. I don't see myself "eating for two", I did not threw caution to the winds, but I am certainly more hungry and haven't embarked on any diet...
Anybody been there? What's your opinion, what's your advice?

Take the Poll

How much weight did you gain so far?
  • more that recomended for my stage
  • just as recommended for my stage
  • less that advisable for my stage
vote
View Poll Results

Babyhopes614 responded:
I am 23 weeks and I have gained 13lbs, which isn't considered too much. But i had only gained 7lbs at my 19 week appointment when we found out the sex :-). So that's 7lbs in 4 weeks! I am worried that if I keep going at this rate I will have gained too much weight. I am not worried about getting bigger, I know that this is inevitable but I want the baby and I to be healthy.
Jennifer(23) DH(27) M/C 10/12/2010 at 6 weeks. BFP 12/27/2010 EDD 9/13/2011. PINK TEAM~Parker Anne

klynshoe responded:
I feel you confusion. There's all sorts of advise out there on how much to gain and every source you look at says something different. I think as long as you're eating healthy, exercising, and not indulging too much I wouldn't worry about your weight. If you are concerned about having gained too much then I don't see anything wrong with curbing your eating habits as long as you're not starving yourself. Just make healthier options. Choose frozen yogurt instead of ice cream. Choose wheat instead of white. Have broccoli instead of bread, etc, etc.

cl1234 responded:
I've gained 13(I'm 20 weeks) and my doc said another 12 won't be bad by delivery. I was already overweight so 20-25 is ok from what she told me. I don't go crazy on junk food and find myself craving things like tomato and avacado sandwiches. Yummy!
Having my first baby 10/7/2011 with a wonderful man, 1 dog.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I my name is Courtnie I am 26 and have a husband of 3 years and a 14 month old baby boy named Hudson. I love being a mom and can't believe I am pr...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.