Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
maternity clothes
loyal1982 posted:
I know its probably to early to be thinking about maternity clothes. But I'm an over thinker and a planner. So I was researching and there is only 1 motherhood store in the area and theres a couple Targets. And I don't live in a rural area. WTH!! What am I supposed to do? Why doesnt anyone carry maternity anymore? And why are these clothes so expensive? Ugh!! Just needed to get that off my chest.

kell0613 responded:
If you live near a Kohl's they sometimes have a (very small) selection of clothes. As does Babies R Us (at least the one near my house). I'm 25 weeks, and so far have been having good luck with some of the flowy dresses and shirts from the normal section, just a size bigger than normal. As you grow, just try things on and see what looks good. As for the cost, the only answer is that it is ridiculous! (sorry, I know that isn't good news) It sucks is pretty much the answer Another trick for you is a Bella band (I'm using the target brand, it was $16 and is working fine) it has let me continue to wear a few of my pre-preg pants (even today at 25.5 weeks, I'm wearing a pair of my normal work pants. They aren't zipped or buttoned....but that's another story!) I do have a bigger pair of regular jeans that I will be able to fit in up until I deliver, with the help of the Bella band. Definately worth the investment for me!
Me(25), DH(32), Baby 1 EDD 9/12/11 - Team Pink!

ILOVEGAVIN responded:
I agree, they are WAY overpriced, especially at that Motherhood store. I walked in there and walked right back out. Sorry, but I don't plan on wearing this crap forever, so no thank you. Luckily I was given a lot of stuff, so I didn't have to buy a lot. I go to Goodwill and get what I need, they always have a huge selection and it is cheap. I really don't care if it is used, just like getting it at a garage sale!

loyal1982 replied to kell0613's response:
I went to two different savers. which is like a goodwill around here. But they didn't have to much. I will keep checking every couple of weeks. I forgot about Kohls. Thanks ladies!

Pamela11703 replied to loyal1982's response:
I would try Ebay too....

earleyml1012 responded:
Do you have any baby/children's consignment stores? We have a few in our area and they all sell maternity clothes. Also check out any consignment sales that might be coming to your area. One I go to is call Just Like New Kids. Here is a website where you can find ones local to you: www.kidsconsignmentsales.com Also ask some friends who have had kids, a lot of mine trade/lend clothes between pregnancies or when they are finished. They are expensive but if you can find a way to buy used, it helps a lot!

busyyear responded:
Kohl's is great! I shop in the women's department but also the junior's becuase the clothes are super flowy right now and have stretch to them which allows for me to wear them now and post baby while I shed a few (A TON) pounds. Maxi dresses are fun and the summer dresses with leggings or maternity capris work well too! I have to buy maternity pants because I work in a male prison and REFUSE to run around with my pants unbuttoned or unzipped with a Bella Band...it feels very, very wrong. But even then I spend a little money on pants and then I am able to be a little more frugal with tops and dresses. Be creative!! Do you have an Old Navy? I have had success with them too!

loyal1982 replied to busyyear's response:
lol busyyear I agree wth you on not wanting your pants unbuttoned or unzipped where you work. We have Old Navy's but they don't carry maternity in store anymore only online and online sells out quick. All they have left is XXL and XS for summer clothes.

busyyear replied to loyal1982's response:
Another option I forgot to mention is to check out the sportswear/activity wear sections. I wear black athletic pants and you can't even tell they aren't dress pants because most of my shirts cover the top part to hide the draw string.

jdblack78 responded:
You could try Craig's list. Sometimes people will sell their maternity clothes on there for a good price. I plan on doing that. My maternity clothes are all off season. My son was born in July and this next one will be December so I can only wear a few of them. The ones I need right now are HUGE and all my winter ones are small..so all that money I spent on my first maternity clothes with my first son are just sitting in my closet.

They are way too expensive! I picked a few pairs of shorts up at a resale shop! You could try that. Good luck! Old Navy also has maternity wear!

gard1986 responded:
old navy old navy old navy online......free shipping over $50 and i just bought 3 tanks for the summer all $12 and under. love the pants too!. everything runs alittle big there though. mother hood is really expensive but i got a pair of capris there and they or the most comfy and look good too. I'm really picky about my jeans. good luck~

ButterflyBaby1107 responded:
Some JCPenney and Target stores carry maternity clothes. I like to shop online so I use motherhood, and old navy. Motherhood's clothes aren't too expensive and are usually true to size. You can use e-bates or retailmenot and get coupons or money back.

ButterflyBaby1107 replied to gard1986's response:
Alot of styles of regular clothes can be worn during pregnancy too. I have a few tops that are the flowy type or empire waisted or babydoll styles and they work before, during, and after pregnancy. Get a good maternity tank top, and a pair of maternity pants or bella band. and see what works. Try not to spend too much on maternity clothes though, because you only wear them for a few months and by the end of your pregnancy you with loath them and never want to see them again! lol!

GinaCovey replied to ButterflyBaby1107's response:
Buying clothes for toddlers and children is very difficult. Once you buy new clothes for them, they do not fit in these clothes after few days. Again we have to go and buy new clothes for them. Therefore, I prefer to buy one size bigger clothes for my children as they grow very quickly. Also, I do not mind borrowing clothes from my sister who has kid one year older to my kid.

www.parcelbound.com

Spotlight: Member Stories

hey ladies!!! im 23 years old bearing my first child...although scared/nervous/ i am also excited/delighted!!! i have been with my BF for 7 1/2 yr...More

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.