Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
What Not to Eat During Pregnancy
Byroney_WebMD_Staff posted:
I thought I knew what you Should and Shouldn't Eat during Pregnancy , but this new slideshow had several things I didn't know about. The biggest surprises to me surrounded fresh juice and smoked fish.

What items surprised you? Has your doctor told you other things you should stay away from?

Byroney
I try to take one day at a time,  but sometimes several days attack me at once.  
-Jennifer Unlimited-

Take the Poll

What food do you miss most during pregnancy?
  • Something raw/undercooked, like meat or cookie dough
  • Deli meats or soft cheese
  • A type of fish or shellfish
  • A favorite drink (alcoholic or not)
  • Other (share below if you'd like!)
vote
View Poll Results

earleyml1012 responded:
The pre-stuff turkey was new to me. Most of the others I knew about.

kell0613 responded:
Thanks, Byroney, all this poll did was make me really hungry....
I miss medium rare steak, over easy eggs, and white wine. (not all together of course)

As good as I've tried to be, I just can't seem to make cookies without popping at least one bite of dough... :0
Me(26), DH(32), Baby 1 EDD 9/12/11 - Team Pink!

amr4434 responded:
I also miss raw cookie dough. In fact I can't even buy them anymore b/c the temptation is so great. I know it is bad, but I would rather eat them raw, especially the ones that come in little bite sized rounds that are supposed to be ready for the oven (they are more perfect for my belly).

I have been craving wine and raspberry martinis. Before pg I rarely ever drank. Perhaps it the "absence makes the heart grow fonder" syndrome.

Last, but not least, is caffeine. I am a sodaholic. I have cheated a few times (like this morning) but try very hard to stick to water. I am ready for a Pepsi Maxx! Oh how I miss caffeine!

ReneeSP replied to amr4434's response:
A salad just isn't the same without feta cheese.
Renee (29), DH (31); 1st pregnancy after infertility - EDD 11/30/11

charissahill responded:
I miss having a nice cold beer on a summer night. Too bad im pregnant all summer. (-; Its ok the baby is well worth it.
ME (20) DH (26). Expecting our LO 11/26/11. Hoping for a Boy.

lenono97 responded:
I really miss a good turkey sandwich and a nice glass of wine!

vanessagw23 responded:
I miss sushi, deli sandwhiches, and an ice cold beer! Come on October please get here sooner then later ;)

cl1234 responded:
The obvious foods to avoid are unpasturized cheeses & raw fish. But the only concern I know of is eating lunch meats and the reason is the Nitrites used and preservatives. You can have lunch meat and hotdogs without nitrites or preservatives. Lunch meats are cooked. You cook hotdogs too. Pastrami you also cook. I eat organic, nitrite & preservative free hotdogs and lunch meat when I have a craving, which isn't often. As for shellfish, peanuts and soy, there is no evidence of causing an allergy in your baby. Sushi is not all raw and you can safely eat it by reading labels. In the grocery store where I work, we are not allowed to have unpasturized milk, juice, cheeses or raw sushi and all our food is preservative & Nitrite free. Just sayin', there is a way to enjoy yourself rather than let yourself get all upset over these 'rules'.
Having my first baby 10/7/2011 with a wonderful man, 1 dog.

cl1234 replied to ReneeSP's response:
ReneeSP, most feta cheese is made from pasturized cows milk.
Having my first baby 10/7/2011 with a wonderful man, 1 dog.

3rdxthecharm responded:
Most definitely miss a nice alcoholic drink....lololol. But i'm happy for the break and it couldn't be for a better cause. I can wait for a hennyville slugger (hennessy VSOP, sierra mist and lime)!! Which i will be enjoying like around March 2012. Cheers!!!

critty123 replied to cl1234's response:
cl1234 - the deli meat and soft cheese thing is about possibility of listeria, though nitrates aren't good either. If you heat it to steaming hot that should kill the bacteria. http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/pregnancy_gateway/infections-listeria.html

Spotlight: Member Stories

hello my name is alicia (23) my dh(27) and I just got married july 24 and are expecing our fisrt lo on feb 2.we live at least 90 miles from both our m...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.