Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Diaper Pail question!
LilRhodyMomma posted:
I am looking for some recommendations on a diaper pail. I'm trying to add one to my registry and I'm seeing all sorts of conflicting reviews. I would like one that uses regular trash bags instead of specific refills. Any suggestions??

TWalker02840 responded:
Honestly I had a diaper genie w/ #1 and I thought it was a waste.I just bought a smaller trash pail w/ a pop up lid for #2 for right next to the changing table and it was much more cost effective an efficient. Because it was smaller i emptied it more often. You from Rhode Island? I live in Newport.

klynshoe responded:
I can't recommend one as I haven't purchased one yet but Consumer Reports has some great buying advice.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/babies-kids/baby-toddler/diaper-pails/diaper-pail-buying-advice/index.htm

LilRhodyMomma replied to TWalker02840's response:
Thanks for your suggestion! I too live in RI, East Providence though. We are expecting a little girl on November!

earleyml1012 responded:
Diaper Champ! It's great b/c it locks in most of the smell and uses the regular trash bags. A lot of my friends use this one too. If you look around, you can buy one at consignment stores and sales...not like you need a brand new one just one that's clean.

TWalker02840 replied to LilRhodyMomma's response:
Good for you!! My first was a girl, I loved having a girl first, she's almost 6 and she's my little buddy, LUV IT!! Good Luck!

missashley1010 responded:
Well since its summer we have a ton of garage sales and my mom picked up some kind of diaper pail but it was only ten dollars score!!! lol I would look around you will most likly find a good deal. Congrats on your girl :)

Ihgirl1066 replied to missashley1010's response:
I just use a walmart bag or the like and my hubby takes it to work everyother day and throws it in the trash bin.
Me (Jessica, 27) DH 32, DS 13 months, 2 cats, 1 dog, EDD Baby 2 9-28-11(pink Team-Kali Jean)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married the man of my dreams on 6/3/2006, and are expecting our first baby on 10/30/2010.

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.