Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
When Did you first feel your baby move?
blondiebon18 posted:
I am 19 weeks now, first baby, and I haven't felt him/her move yet. I am due 11/22. Just wondering when you first felt your baby move?

ILOVEGAVIN responded:
That is one of those things where everyone is different. I didn't feel my first 2 until around 20 weeks. This one I have started feeling a little here and there and will be 17 weeks tomorrow. They usually say around 20 weeks is when, on average, most people start to feel baby, so you are really close. It will be very exciting once it starts!

earleyml1012 responded:
I agree that everyone is different but you should definitely start feeling movement in the next few weeks. If this is your first, you may have felt movement already and just didn't know what it was. This is my second baby and I even doubted the movements when I first started feeling them. Once you start feeling them, it's such a relief everyday!! Then when your SO can feel the baby, that's even cooler.

LilRhodyMomma responded:
I'm 19w4d and have an anterior placenta, so I know that it'll take a little while longer before I feel my baby girl moving. I can't wait though, she was squirming all over the place during the U/S last week.

imrn1997 responded:
I'm one of those lucky ones that felt both of my first 2 around 16 weeks. This one is no different. I felt little flutters around 15 1/2 weeks and they have been increasingly stronger. I'm now 17 wks and can feel movement a couple times a day. Feels like the baby is rolling around in there. No strong kicks yet. You should start feeling something pretty soon. Usually, it happens for most moms around 20 wks. Enjoy!

jdblack78 responded:
I felt my first at 16 weeks and I felt my second at 15 1/2 weeks. Its different for everyone and for every pregnancy.

missashley1010 responded:
I first started to feel him move at 19 weeks and as time has gone on I feel them getting stronger and stronger. My best friend is pregnant too she is right around where you are and also dosnt feel anything she gets frustrated because I could.I told her it happens when it happens and its amazing.

charissahill responded:
I am 19 weeks due 11/26. Around 18 weeks i started feeling my LO kick a tiny bit. He likes to kick at night when im settled down for the day. Its still hard for me to determine gas from kicks still but hes getting stronger day by day. (-;
ME (20) DH (26). Expecting our DS 11/26/11. Its a Boy! (-;

rrucky replied to charissahill's response:
im 21 weeks now, and due 15/11. I'm still not sure if what i feel is baby kicking. My doctor said since its the first baby, I am having difficulty telling the difference, and suggested I try lying down in a quiet room after having dinner, and feel for movement for 2 hours. I think the problem is the noise around me, cause I still didn't get a chance to try this!And I hope it works out.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I met my husband at work (NGSB) May 28, 2009. We were married October 10, 2009, and pregnant around October 27th...with twins! My husband must love me...More

Helpful Tips

Profile pic
Are you ladies having any trouble adjusting the picture for your profile? I haven't had any luck with adjusting my pic to show all of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.