Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
On bedrest...help!
An_217238 posted:
I was just put on bedrest for at least the next 6 weeks. I am 25 weeks and 4 days today. Can anyone recommmend some good books to read? I am already stir crazy!!

Anon_167186 responded:
Heaven is for real, one of the best!

sweets1988 responded:
what kinda books you like?
Team yellow/green til July 5th! cant wait ^_^

imrn1997 responded:
If you haven't read it or seen the movie, The Time Traveler's Wife was a great book. I was crying so hard when I read it that my husband had to ask me what was wrong. Another good surprise book was The Elephant Keeper by Christopher Nicholsen. It's set back in the 1700's and is surpisingly entertaining and an easy read.

Good luck with the bedrest. I had to be on bedrest with my last pregnancy for 11 weeks! I was so greatful to my mom who helped out with my 1 year old during that time. Take care.

JennLoney responded:
It depends on what type of books you like I just got done reading a three book series, I can't remember what the name of all of them are but one is definately Vegas Rich, I think one may be Vegas Sunset but there are three and they are great!!! At my job we listen to a lot of books since we do data entry and three of us listened to all of them and we all just wanted the story to keep going. I think they were some of the best books I have read but they are full of Drama and love stories so you have to like that type of book.

Grahambee responded:
I just finished Rose In A Storm by Jon Katz, and it had me in tears. A quick read, it's told from the perspective of a border collie named Rose who works on a farm. There's a gigantic blizzard and Rose and the farmer have to work incredibly hard to keep all the animals, and themselves, safe. Best book I've read in a long time. Good luck with your bedrest!

ffwife23Kt responded:
I am an avid reader as well and I just finished the Luxe Novel series. Very good set back in the early 1900's in New York High Society. I wanted to keep reading after the 4 books were done. Luxe, Rumors, Envy, Splendor by Anna Godbersen.

Also read The Guardian and A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks, Beastly by Alex Flinn (better then the movie), The Girl in the Gatehouse by Julie Klassen, The Lightkeepers Daughter, The Lightkeepers Bride and the Lightkeepers Ball by Colleen Cobble were amazing!!

I have a Kindle from Amazon and I love it! I am able to download the first few chapters for free and then can purchase the book right on my device.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been with my husband for 10 years, married for 2, and now expecting our first child. We couldn't be any happier. This child will be welco...More

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.