Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Wednesday Vent/Confessions
ffwife23Kt posted:
Hello mommies!

I haven't seen this in a while so I thought I would start it because I needed to vent!!!

1. I am so sick of people I work with. Today a co worker came up to me and said "So is it safe to assume you are having a baby and not drinking a ton of beer?" WHAT! Seriously! First of all I don't drink, second I know that I am showing but I do not look like I have a keg attached to my stomach. I wish people would just keep the comments to themselves.

2. I am having a hard time eating with this baby and didn't have that problem at all with my first even though I only gained 15 pounds.

3. I don't want to have sex with my husband at all this pregnancy! I feel terrible so I keep giving in but I don't want to be touched at all!

4. I am having a hard time staying motived at work so I am surfing WebMD.

Katie 26, DH Brad 29, DS 20 months, Baby #2 EDD 12/18/11-Thinking Pink!

charissahill responded:
i love these forums where you get to vent. ok so heres a list of whats bothering me:

1. i hate peoples comments about what i should and shouldnt be doing. especially the ones who havent had children!

2. my fiance got into a trucking accident over a year ago. he got placed on disability a couple weeks ago after getting workers comp for over a year. disability cut his paychecks by 500 a month! im stressed over money and the ability to take care of this baby. hes worried that if he does get a job its going to ruin his case. (he is only 9% disabled so hes able to get a job that doesnt require him to lift over 50 lbs). im frustrated at the fact that he cares more about the settlement paycheck then whats going on now. it could take years for the company that he is suing to settle.
ME (20) DH (26). Expecting our DS 11/26/11. Its a Boy! (-;

htma4494 replied to charissahill's response:
Yes you are right, disability cases can take years and the baby is coming soon, so maybe you and husband can sit down and talk it out and agree on him getting a job, he has a family to worry about now. When the baby comes, its no longer thinking about "self", the baby needs to come 1st. I know its a frustratting, but hopefully yall can work on it..I am taking 3 months maternity leave and most of that will be unpaid so I made sure to tell my DF that he needs to crank up his work..

candy352 responded:
I am also sick of people commenting on what I should or should not do, especially on how to raise my future child. I know I should just take their comments in stride, and let it go in one ear and out the other.

I dislike the comments I get on what I should eat. If I eat something, someone asks if it's safe for me. Uh, if it wasn't I wouldn't be eating it. A family member saw me with a cup from a coffee establishment and was acting like I shouldn't be drinking it. It was only hot chocolate, I know what is safe for me and my unborn child. Even when I told her what it was, she said she still thinks I should ask the doctor if it's safe.

Oh and the top of the list is when someone has to ask me how much I have gained so far when ever they see me eating! Uggghhh, get out of my face!

sweets1988 replied to candy352's response:
i see where your all coming from!

1. i cant stand when people...(mainly my mother in law) insist that im eating something wrong. if i choose to eat cooked sushi that i have personally made. i caught it myself, its trout for goodness sake! and if i wanna have a cup of coffee... sorry but, bite me... one cup cant hurt anything. too i already know im a big girl. i had some chub before i was pregnant, people please stop asking me how much weight i have or can gain... ive lost weight!

2. people who like to sit there and berate your parenting when most of the time they dont seem to know crap about it, bet alone about YOUR child, born or unborn. i think mom and dad are the only opinions that matter. a woman in a walmart checkout line tried to put me down for letting my daughter eat Cheetoes when her kid had been SCREAMING forever and had thrown a glass vase on the floor. yet somehow she was ignoring that problem. really people?

3. wish people would quit asking weird and verry personal questions. like about breastfeeding or the birth. i dont really wanna talk to some random person weather or not i plan to use my breasts. lol and i dont wanna hear that my breasts look like they are too big to breastfeed. they are DD's not boulders. quit looking! lol like wise my bir4th plans are rather privet thank ya. i dont ask random people how their enema or rectal exam went and ask details...

that along with money in the back of my mind, im sure im not alone. thank you ladies for letting me rant ^_^
Team yellow/green until the next Ultrasound! can't wait... rawr! lol

YeagerV replied to sweets1988's response:
Good Vents everyone... I just posted a super long one of my own. (Exhale)

ReneeSP replied to YeagerV's response:
I'm completely fed up with people asking about my birth plans in general, but certainly for putting them down after I tell them. My boss flat out called me stupid (yes, said the words "you're stupid") for saying I'd really like to try without an epidural. If you only intend to push your opinion, don't ask what mine is! Yes, this is my first baby, and perhaps I'll chicken out and beg for the drugs, but at least let me have an opinion and try it my way without judgment.

And stop telling me your horror birth stories, what exactly do I gain from that besides fear??
Renee (29), DH (31); 1st pregnancy after infertility - EDD 11/30/11

loyal1982 responded:
Sick of not being able to eat.

Tired of arguing with Hubby over buying a house and where to buy.

Sick of heartburn 24/7

Can't concentrate on work and don't want to be here at all.

ffwife23Kt responded:
Thanks Ladies for all your responses and thanks for letting me get mine out! I know exactly where you are all coming from. Just remember that no matter what WE know what is best for ourselves and our children born/unborn. I am trying to be less sensitive with other peoples comments but man with surging hormones I can't help but be a little put off with some of them! Best of luck mommies and have a great day!

missashley1010 responded:
1. im so sick of people asking ohh when are you do and I say october there like thats so far away. Gee thanks I was thinking since im moving to 3rd tri next weeks I was getting somewhere......
2. My BF just got himself a job :) so proud of him but his co-worker is a @** just saying he is driving him to want to quit I would be so bumed if he quits :(
3. Iv been sad just because me and my bestie are both preggo and since she found out she has been one of those real moody prenant ladies and I just cant hang with her very long and I miss her.

candy352 replied to missashley1010's response:
I think my co-worked just called me fat. She said, "Well you have been blossoming out all of a sudden."
Candy 26, DH 37, First pregnancy, EDD: 1/6/12 Team Yellow!!!!!

Grahambee responded:
Well, my rant isn't exactly pregnancy-related, but I guess it is since here I am pregnant. My DH has lived and worked in another state since our 3-year-old was born. He comes home on weekends to see us, but we also run a business where I live, so we hardly get to see each other. It's incredibly hard, but we've been getting by. You just kind of get used to it. So DH left his job in December and hasn't found another one yet. He's not really been looking very hard since he's been fixing up our apartment in the other state so we can get it rented out to someone else and he can come live here with us. Money's getting so tight and now our health insurance has run out. Ultrasounds are SO expensive, along with all the other tests and Dr. visits. It's driving me crazy to feel so helpless, just waiting for things to fall into place and hoping that they really do. And now I'm just about halfway through this pregnancy, wondering if we'll ever be able to afford the doctor and hospital bills, wondering when DH will come live with us, wondering why it's taking him so long to finish up the renovations, wondering if we'll be able to keep our business open next year.

You know, I try to be positive and optimistic, I really do. But it's so hard to be the cheerleader all the time. Thanks for giving me somewhere to type all this. Kinda feels a little better.

ffwife23Kt replied to Grahambee's response:
Grahamebb- I think it's important to talk about stuff that's going on even if it's not pregnancy related. We are all friends here and here to support one another. I am praying that you will get your husband home soon, the apartment will be rented quickly and you can keep your business open next year. Try not to stress about everything that's going on. I know that's easier said then done but you can only control so much. Things will work out, you'll see. Best of luck to you and let us know how everything turns out! :)

Katie 26, DH Brad 29, DS 20 months, Baby #2 EDD 12/18/11

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Sarah and I am 36. I am a single mom of 5 great kids, ages 12, 10, 7, 5, and 2. My due date is Nov. 13. Hardest part of being a single mom ...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.