Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
how far along at big U/S?
ColleenK32 posted:
dh wants to wait to 20 weeks exactly. I want to do it sooner, but am afraid we wont be able to tell what we are having? How far along were you?
Colleen 27 DH 31  DD Lexi 5.  Expecting 2, Due Date 1/2.  Changed from yellow to green team!  

charissahill responded:
i got mine @ 18 weeks. the u/s tech could clearly see the sex. it is recommended that you get one between 18 - 22 weeks. but there is no hurry. are you hoping for a boy or girl?
ME (20) DH (26). Expecting our DS 11/26/11. Its a Boy! (-;

DeeMommy2Be responded:
Found out with all the of my kids before 14w. 2 are boys and this LO is a girl.

missashley1010 responded:
I got to go in at 19 1/2 weeks and he was clearly a boy lol :)

ReneeSP replied to missashley1010's response:
I was 18 wks 2 days and clearly a boy!
Renee (29), DH (31); 1st pregnancy after infertility - EDD 11/30/11

sweets1988 replied to ReneeSP's response:
had my first Big U/S at 20 weeks 1 day with his pregnancy, and the bugger hid on us! so we will see next month at 25 weeks if we can see/sigh but with my daughter it was 19 weeks and she made it easy lol! butt right up against my tummy XD was too cute
Team yellow/green until the next Ultrasound! can't wait... rawr! lol

Anmar22 responded:
My Dr. will not let me until exactly 20 weeks. I thought I would have it done at my 18 week appointment but she said I had to wait. Maybe it's for insurance purposes. Oh well, this Thursday is the big day, I can't wait!

bcfrost816 replied to Anmar22's response:
With my oldest DD she was 17 weeks and got a great shot of her tushy with spread eagle legs, lol, clearly a girl. With DD #2 she was at 18 weeks and she did the same thing, spread her legs wide for all to see, lol.

Personally, I think the accuracy depends on how good the u/s tech is. I'm pretty sure that anywhere after 12 weeks the genitals are visible, but I'd feel more comfortable closer to 20 weeks.
Courtney (28) DH (30) DD Peyton 17 months; baby girl EDD 9/26/10

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me--31.. DH..34 first time (and last given how rought that 1st trimester was). Totally exicted, praying to be on the PINK team.

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.