Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Argh! It's a Heat Wave!
Byroney_WebMD_Staff posted:
While you may have been lulled into a false sense of comfort by lower temperatures this week, don't count on them lasting! According to MSNBC.com's report on the National Weather Service's Prediction , "It could feel like 105 degrees or above over a large swath of the nation this weekend, from the Dakotas and Minnesota to Texas and Louisiana." Many states are issuing heat warnings.

Is a Heat Wave predicted for your area? What are your plans to keep your precious pregnant self cool and Safe?

Byroney

Graph: National Weather Service Courtesy: MSNBC .com
I try to take one day at a time,  but sometimes several days attack me at once.  
-Jennifer Unlimited-

missashley1010 responded:
It has been nice and hot here in "Minnesnowta" :) Im used to really cold winters and pretty warm summer but oh boy has it been warm so iv been spending my time floating in many of are 10,000 lakes :) My mommy was nice enough to stop by my apartment carrying a new air conditioner for me!! Oh did I feel loved :) people in this state complain about the heat latley but pegnant and all im lovin it I hate cold weather!

charissahill responded:
GOING TO THE BEACH TOMORROW! TIMES LIKE THIS I APPRECIATE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA.
ME (20) DH (26). Expecting our DS 11/26/11. Its a Boy! (-;

snh571 responded:
Lurking from 3rd tri. In Missouri there has been excessive extended heat warrning for so long that the govenor is about to activate the national guard to help the St. Louis emergency management team prevent a repeat of the last extended heat warrning, 156 people died of heat related illness. I know that I will be staying at home in bed with the A/C set at 72 degrees. This is probably the only time I am greatful to be on bedrest. Though I do have to leave the house on Monday for my C-section.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to snh571's response:
Oh my! I am so glad you have A/C and can stay cool.

Best wishes for your c-section on Monday!

Byroney
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once. -Jennifer Unlimited-

lbcash responded:
I have been short of breath a lot lately, and this heat wave in South Central Kentucky is really making it worse. I just saw the local weather and we are under an Excessive Heat Watch for another solid week. The heat index may even rise to 120; add the humidity and it is unbearable. The crazy thing is we have had really cold winters these past two winters too. Nervous about the Jan. 2 due date and snow. Last winter we got down in the single digits with lots of snow. Talk about from one extreme to another.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to lbcash's response:
Yikes, Beth (lbcash)! Another whole week of super heat? Hopefully it will cool off sooner than predicted.

Hope you're writing this all down in your little one's baby book so he or she knows what you had to go through!

Byroney
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once. -Jennifer Unlimited-

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Howdy Mommies! I just wanted you to know that a couple of you who posted in this thread Had Been Quoted in the latest Pulse Blog.

Congrats and hope you all are staying cool,

Byroney

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Debbie; I'm 33 and am currently a SAHM. My boys are 5 and 3 1/2 years old, and we are expecting our 3rd boy around July 22, 2010!

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.