Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Hello Second Trimester Community!
peanut_1991 posted:
I will be 14 weeks tomorrow according to my first u/s. I will be 14 weeks this Tuesday according to when my husband swears my last period day was (I think he was a few days off). I had a m/c in February of this year. So getting pregnant again has been exciting and terrifying. I am always relieved when I go to the doctor. But after about two weeks I find myself worrying about something... I dont have any concerning symptoms... I guess its the lack of feeling pregnant that makes me worry. My sickness went away at 10 weeks and that worried me too. Having lost my first pregnancy at 8 weeks Im always worried about this one. I hope to start to feeling our little one move soon. That will really put me at ease. When do you usually start to feel the first movements?

candy352 responded:
Welcome!!!! I am always concerned too because of the lack of my symptoms. You should be able to feel the movements in a few weeks or so. My doctor said at about 20 weeks for first time moms. Other moms can feel it earlier due to knowing what to expect and their uterus already being expanded from the previous pregnancy. I'm right with you about being ready to feel those movements though. It will be so reassuring.
Candy 26, DH 37, First pregnancy, EDD: 1/6/12 Team Yellow!!!!!

htma4494 responded:
Hello welcome to 2nd tri community...Well, you should give a sigh of relief you made it past the 1st tri which tends to be the biggest risk of miscarriage, so since youre at your 14 week, you should feel asasured that the rate of m/c drops very significantly...I am currently 24 weeks, but I started feeling light little flutters around 10-12 wks,,,At about my 14 week, the flutters were a little more noticebale, still light though...However, I did not start feeling strong for sure movements until I was at 18 weeks, and from that point on the turns, twists, elbows and hiccups become much more noticeable, you can really feel them by that 18th week, this is my 1st pregnancy..Congrats and welcome. "Happy Pregnancy"

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Peanut,

Welcome to the Second Trimester community! Your regular Moderator, Byroney, is away today and I'm filling in for her.

Sorry to hear of your loss and the worry that you're experiencing now with this pregnancy. It's hard to get used to feeling good after having symptoms fade.

If it helps, I found where a member asked how often she should feel the baby move and our expert replied, "Early in your pregnancy, you may just feel a few flutters every now and then. But as your baby grows -- usually by the end of the second trimester -- the kicks should grow stronger and more frequent."

It won't be long now before you're wondering if you LO thinks your rib cage is a soccer field.

Welcome!

~Andie

extxdancer responded:
Welcome to the 2nd tri! I am 19 weeks now plus a few days, and only really started noticing movement in the last week or so. This is my first pregnancy and it is a crazy feeling! Yesterday I felt something and touched my belly where it was, and could definitely tell there was a body part there- either a knee or elbow or something, because it sort of stuck out. A minute later, it was gone! So cool!
Maybe as early as 17 weeks I think I felt that 'fluttering' everyone talks about, but I wasn't sure, because I've never experienced this before, so I wasn't sure what I was supposed to feel.

So don't worry yet if you haven't felt your baby move- it's still pretty early. You'll feel it soon enough!

peanut_1991 replied to extxdancer's response:
Thanks so much! I cant wait to really feel it.

Helpful Tips

Profile pic
Are you ladies having any trouble adjusting the picture for your profile? I haven't had any luck with adjusting my pic to show all of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 16 found this helpful