Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
25 weeks with a bad cold.
Eileendd posted:
I'm 25 weeks and have a a really bad cold, I don't know what to take, if anything at all is safe. I also have some worries because I have not felt the baby move as much as ussual since I have been felling bad. Does anybody have any answers for me?

candy352 responded:
I believe Robitussin plain or DM is safe. Just make sure to read the label because some medicines contain alcohol. Sucrets is also safe.
Candy 26, DH 37, First pregnancy, EDD: 1/6/12 Team Yellow!!!!!

Allaya9 responded:
Agreed, Robitussin is safe along with Benadryl and Sudafed though be sure not to take beyond the recommended dosage. I found that a saline solution for my stuffed up nose helped a lot. If you start to run a fever, even a slight one, call your doctor since pregnant women are more likely to get an infection. Hope you feel better, I just went through a cold, really sucks being sick and pregnant since my energy was low anyways. :)
Me 36, DH 37, EDD 9/10/11, Our 1st! Blue Team! Lochlan Sidney

Eileendd replied to candy352's response:
Thanks

Eileendd replied to Allaya9's response:
Thanks, I really does suck to be sick and pregnant.

sweets1988 replied to Eileendd's response:
im one of those maddly stubborn mommas that refused to take any meds other then the rare Tylenol while prego. With my first child i managed to get through 3 horrible colds with cough drops, steamy showers and hot teas ( that i knew and trusted). I frankly just dont trust any drugs cus in alot of times that they have been ok'd for us pregos something bad does happen because of their drug and they dont do jack about it. I know its narrow minded, but unless my Dr. frankly tells me you HAVE to take this for this and this reason, i dont like to chance it. but everyone is different, and thats just my opinion, be safe and good luck ^_^
Team yellow/green and due November 18th! wanted to know gender but baby is stubborn! lol

Eileendd replied to sweets1988's response:
Thanks your your response. I actually did not feel conformtable taking anything either. I just took some tylenol one time and I am feeling alot betther this week. Now everyone at home has it, they are on all kinds of over the counter stuff and I feel so strong that I got over it without anything :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (Courtney) 28; DH (Brad) 30; DD Peyton born 12/08, DD Hayley born 9/10 and excpecting our 3rd girl on 2/2/12!

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.