Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Today is the day!!
Princess88388 posted:
Well today I am going to try to find out the sex of our LO!!! I am 16wks 3dys so I am hoping to be able to see something! Has anyone else had an US done at 16wks and been able to tell??

oboingo76 responded:
Ha! I'm on my way to mine now. I'm 16wks 2dys and we're hoping for the same. Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

Lysana responded:
I had one at 16w0d - last Friday - and we're pretty sure it's a boy. Like, 95% sure, I'd say. I would really be shocked to find out otherwise. However, we didn't get a really close look, so some of the genital area was in shadow - we saw what looked like a little turtle head poking out, but didn't see the area behind it to be sure we were seeing everything clearly. I'm telling everyone (including my 4.5- and 3-year-old) that it's a boy.

Yes, at 16 weeks, if you can get a good shot, you'll be able to tell. I've known people who found out much earlier than that.
Kelly (32) ~ Craig (36) ~ Eliana (4.5) ~ Joshua (3) ~ Bekah (13 mo) ~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011) ~ ^i^ (Jan 2006)

oboingo76 replied to Lysana's response:
Well my little one would NOT let us see! He (I say he because I am pretty sure it's a boy - I just have a feeling) kept moving, rolling away from the instrument and kicking his little legs so we couldn't see. I had an amnio as well so now we'll have to wait a week or two to find out.

Princess88388 responded:
Well we were able to see clearly on the US!!! We are TEAM PINK!!! Im so excited. Even though this whole time I could have swore that I was having a boy lol. The dreams that I was having was all about a little boy but it was wrong lol. We are going to be naming her Sophia Rose!

candy352 replied to Princess88388's response:
Aww, such a pretty name! Congrats!
Candy 26, DH 37, First pregnancy, EDD: 1/6/12 Team Yellow!!!!!

Lysana replied to oboingo76's response:
oboingo76 - What a bummer! Little booger! At least you'll know for sure in a few weeks - and no guessing! How are you feeling after the amnio? Is this your first, or do you have older kiddos?

Heather - Congrats on your little girl! Is she your first? Sophia Rose is a lovely name! It's funny, I have been convinced all 4 of mine would be girls, and I've been right twice! BTW, curious about what part of KY you're in, but if you'd rather not share, I understand. I'm in Louisville.
Kelly (32) ~ Craig (36) ~ Eliana (4.5) ~ Joshua (3) ~ Bekah (13 mo) ~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011) ~ ^i^ (Jan 2006)

Princess88388 replied to Lysana's response:
I am Bullitt County!! Shepherdsville to be exact and yes this is my first!

Lysana replied to Princess88388's response:
Ha! Wow, very close! My husband grew up in Shepherdsville, I think he went to Bullitt Central.

The bridge stuff is causing me some problems (or will be)! My midwife's office is in New Albany. Yikes! Are you having or expecting to have any problems from it?

Congrats again on your little girl!

oboingo76 replied to Lysana's response:
Princess - congratulations~! Very excited for you that you were able to find out.

Lysana - I was perfect after the amnio. Dr said spotting and cramping are normal for 24 hours afterward but I only had minor cramping for the first hour or so and absolutely no spotting. I was a tiny bit sore from the injection the following day but nothing to even really complain about. This is my first (and probably only).

oboingo76 replied to Princess88388's response:
Also - Sophia Rose is a pretty name. Very traditional and beautiful.

Princess88388 replied to Lysana's response:
No its not affecting us right now lol. I am also a BC grad!! we are close lol

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well I'm 25yrs old and engaged to my soulmate (Herny A. Amos III) we've been together almost a year it really was love at 1st sight. We are e...More

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.