Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Heartburn Bad!!!
SimonaSwaby posted:
Please help this heartburn is kicking my butt.
SWABY EDD 03/21/2012

lbcash responded:
I haven't gotten heartburn with this pregnancy but I had it really bad with my first preggers. It was so bad that I would cry. My doctor told me to take Zantac 75. It is a safe over the counter medication. It was amazing how well it worked. And since I now have a healthy 4 yr old it's also safe. But, if I were you I would still ask my doc before taking it. Good luck!

KBratt responded:
Maalox.
Me 22; DH 21; EDD1 8/24 Kelsey Paige

Lysana responded:
If Tums doesn't help, I second the Zantac. I don't even try Tums anymore.
Kelly (32) ~ Craig (36) ~ Eliana (4.5) ~ Joshua (3) ~ Bekah (13 mo) ~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011) ~ ^i^ (Jan 2006)

missashley1010 responded:
I feel your pain! My heatburn is the worst!! This is what iv done to cope. I put boards under my bed to raise it up (helped alot) but it didnt fully take teh problem away just kept it out of my throat when I sleep. Also I chug milk like noones buisness!! Also I eat tums like candy..yay heatburn sucks I hope the wivestales are right about this little man having alot of hair lol

eyeluvbn responded:
I had heartburn really BAD before I got pregnant but I actually have a prescription for Ranitadine which you can also buy over the counter it's 150mg as long as I don't skip a day taking it I never have the heartburn it's AMAZING.

Lysana replied to eyeluvbn's response:
Zantac is the OTC version of Ranitidine, and it's available in 150 mg or 75 mg. There are generics, also, and that's what I use, because I can't bring myself to pay full price for something that is so much less expensive in a generic. Just look at the active ingredient and make sure it's the same as what's in Zantac. The generics may be a lower dosage - I think the lower dose of the Equate (Wal-mart) version is 65 mg instead of 75 mg. I think the higher dosage was still 150 mg, though. Just check...I could be wrong. I'd still get the generic, either way.
Kelly (32) ~ Craig (36) ~ Eliana (4.5) ~ Joshua (3) ~ Bekah (13 mo) ~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011) ~ ^i^ (Jan 2006)

SimonaSwaby responded:
Thanks everyone, I had to go to the doctors today because it;s so bad I don't want to eat or drink anything. Ican't keep food down to save my life. But the baby is fine but the doc put me on a BRAT diet nothing but soft and blend foods.
SWABY EDD 03/21/2012

wantingbad replied to SimonaSwaby's response:
sorry to hear it got so bad. I'm expecting twins and i've had morning sickness since week 7 and still have it today at 14 weeks. if the diet doesn't help there are medications. my morning sickness was so bad i didnt eat for three days which didnt go well cause im diabetic. but anyways they put me on Zofran. it really helped... didn't get rid of it completely but allowed me to be able to eat. I wish you the best of luck with it and hope that you begin to feel better soon.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (Courtney) 28; DH (Brad) 30; DD Peyton born 12/08, DD Hayley born 9/10 and excpecting our 3rd girl on 2/2/12!

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.