Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Take home outfit
ColleenK32 posted:
SooI started packing the diaper bag- and thinking about what to pack for baby in our hospital bag. Do yall know what you are taking your little ones home in yet?? I have a bunch of clothes- but none seem perfect for coming home?? What are you doing?
Colleen 27 DH 31 DD Lexi 5. Expecting Baby John around Christmas. Due Date 1/2 (but will have probably have repeat c-section). Blue Team!!

ColleenK32 responded:
also- it seems like all boy clothes are browns and greys. I want pretty blues!!!
Colleen 27 DH 31 DD Lexi 5. Expecting Baby John around Christmas. Due Date 1/2 (but will have probably have repeat c-section). Blue Team!!

missashley1010 responded:
Lurking from 3rd tri........

Im planning on bringing 2 different outfits one in a newborn size and one a little bit bigger incase he is a little chunk The one is a cute blue and white comfy outfit with mittens that say I love daddy, The other outfit my BF bought is these infant Jordan jerseys with little jordan booties lol They are adorable. I figured the hospital does pictures so that was I have an outfit for that as well.

ffwife23Kt replied to missashley1010's response:
I am also bringing a few different outfits. I bought a preemie fleece footie pj that is baby blue with pink and purple polka dots and a pink elephant on it. (Due in early December) and I will also have something else but I don't know what yet.

With my first he was a preemie and I didn't even think to get a premeie outfit because the newborn stuff all looked so small. Yeah not so much when your little guy weighs 5lbs. Thankfully my friend Shawna who is also a mommy thought of it for me and packed a special hospital bag for me (this is a great gift idea for new mommies, it had everything I could ever imagine in it, a brush, toothbrush and paste, shampoo and all that stuff, pajamas that were comfy, fleece socks, puzzles, a disposable camera, a book and snacks and it was nice that I didn't have to worry about paking a bag for myself since it was already done) and one for the baby and it included a preemie outfit that was perfect. I gave birth in November in the snow so it was one of those cute fleece footie pj's with a little puppy on it. (When she came to visit us in the hospital she brought five more preemie outfits which was awesome!) He lived in outfits like that for the first few weeks since he was small and newborn stuff didn't fit.

Katie 26, DH Brad 29, DS 22 months, Baby #2 EDD 12/18/11-Team Pink!!!

Lysana replied to ffwife23Kt's response:
I'll probably take a preemie outfit and a newborn outfit.

With DD#1, we only had newborn and 3-month outfits, and although she wasn't a preemie (39w2d!), at 6 lbs 12 oz, 19.5 inches, she fit best into preemie outfits for her first 2-3 weeks.

DS was a little smaller, 6 lbs 8 oz, 18.5 inches, also at 39w2d, and for some reason, we hadn't learned our lesson - we only had a newborn outfit, and it hung off of him.

So with DD#2, we made sure we had both types, and I was 100% certain we'd be dressing her in preemie stuff. I waited her out (the other two were induced) and she came at 40w3d - and was 7 lbs 8 oz, 20.5 inches long, and the preemie stuff was way too small. I never took the tags off (and still haven't)!

Soooooo...I guess this time, it makes the most sense to take a preemie outfit and a newborn one, and I'll probably take a 0-3 month outfit, as well, just to be on the safe side (especially if he hangs out even longer than DD#2, which I fully expect him to do, LOL). But I truly don't anticipate needing the 0-3 outfit yet. Based on DD#2, I'm betting we'll be dressing him in newborn stuff at first.
Kelly (32) ~ Craig (36) ~ Eliana (4.5) ~ Joshua (3) ~ Bekah (13 mo) ~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011) ~ ^i^ (Jan 2006)

lbcash responded:
I agree with the prior PP's on bringing a Preemie outfit just in case. My son weighed only 5lb.5oz. and even though those newborn outfits look small, they are huge on a small baby. With him I took a Newborn and 0-3 months and they swallowed him. I was afraid he was cold so my mom had to go out and by him a Preemie outfit for the ride home (we live over an hour away from the hospital). So I will be taking a Preemie and Newborn outfit for this little guy.

Lysana replied to lbcash's response:
It's so funny - in the store, those newborn outfits look tiny, but then when you really have a newborn, if they're on the smaller side, the newborn outfits can end up looking huge!
Kelly (32) ~ Craig (36) ~ Eliana (4.5) ~ Joshua (3) ~ Bekah (13 mo) ~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011) ~ ^i^ (Jan 2006)

lbcash replied to Lysana's response:
I know! With the birth of my first son I wasn't prepared for him staying 'balled up' for nearly a week after birth. They keep there legs and arms drawed in even after birth and it takes a little while before they can stretch them out. I was told they stay that way because that's how they were in the womb for so long and it takes a while for them to be able to extend there limbs. Anyway, with the little guy keeping his arms and legs pulled up next to him made the outfits fit even worse.

loyal1982 responded:
I'm going to bring a couple different outfits/hats and blankets. Our hospital is contracted with a professional photography service to take newborn pictures. They comes to your room and ask you so you don't have to schedule anything ahead of time. Its called Bella baby photography.

Lysana replied to loyal1982's response:
They take photos at the two hospitals where I've delivered, here, as well (It's 365 that does it - not sure their full name, but they went to both hospitals, and they were in different states - part of the same metro area, though).

It's nice to have something that fits reasonably well. Poor DS's photos were...the outfit was falling off of him. And it was newborn! LOL!
Kelly (32) ~ Craig (36) ~ Eliana (4.5) ~ Joshua (3) ~ Bekah (14 mo) ~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011) ~ ^i^ (Jan 2006)

Spotlight: Member Stories

prego with baby number 3, and very excited to know the gender. hoping for a boy this go around. Praying everything goes well, as im High risk & ha...More

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.