Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Silly Question Opions please....
loyal1982 posted:
Since its that season for hauted houses and hay rides and fright fest at six flags my DH really wants to go. Do you think it is safe to be jumpy and scared while pregnant?

htma4494 responded:
Hello, how far along are you? Unless you are like due any day now, I think that would be okay to go out and have a little fun...I would skip the hay rides/roller coasters, etc but going out and to the haunted houses should be okay (just make sure to extra precaution and be careful that other peeople dont bump into you and hit your stomach)
Me: 24, DF: 27, EDD: 11/9/10 (1st Child) Team Blue!!!
X0X0, Cia

loyal1982 replied to htma4494's response:
26 weeks, I had no plans on going on roller coasters. lol.

Lysana replied to loyal1982's response:
LOL!

Sounds like fun! I hope you have a good time!

I do think I might avoid the hay rides, too, like htma4494 suggested, if they're over bumpy ground (the grass as opposed to asphalt). I'd consider that a little risky. If you do decide to do it, sit as close to the front (near the tractor, or whatever's pulling it) as possible. Still, on a wagon, I'm not sure that would help. Although, if it's at Six Flags, I guess it's possible that the hay rides ARE on concrete or asphalt rather than grass, in which case I'd think they would be fine.

Have fun!
Kelly (32) ~ Craig (36) ~ Eliana (4.5) ~ Joshua (3) ~ Bekah (14 mo) ~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011) ~ ^i^ (Jan 2006)

Lysana replied to Lysana's response:
Oh, but in response to your original question, I think jumpy and scared while preggo is fine.
Kelly (32) ~ Craig (36) ~ Eliana (4.5) ~ Joshua (3) ~ Bekah (14 mo) ~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011) ~ ^i^ (Jan 2006)

klynshoe responded:
I heard on the radio this morning that you shouldn't go to haunted houses while pregnant. Fumbling around in the dark, tripping hazards, smoke/fog machines are not good to inhale, high blood pressure, and in some cases has caused preterm labor... I'll try to find the article they referenced and post it.

oboingo76 responded:
I think it also depends how jumpy you get in general over such things. I LOVE horror films, haunted houses, being scared, so I've been experiencing these things since I was about 5 years old and feel a bit used to it. Haunted houses don't affect me like they affect some others. While some people may be cowering in the corner and unable to look at scary masks and props, they don't bother me. They actually fascinate me because I look at how I can potentially duplicate them for my own house on Halloween. Therefore, I intend to participate in some scary events this year.

However, if you're more jumpy and frightful when you see scary things, you might have some of the concerns raised in the previous post. I'd go by how you normally react.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! my name is Lisa. I live in Canton,Ms. i'm 21 years old. i'm 14 wks pregnant in my second trimester. i'm due dec 6 2011.

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.