Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Midwife in Hospital or Birthing Center
BeautifullyBlessed posted:
Hello,

I'm not expecting yet, but I wanted to research and possibly choose the hospital or birthing center where I'd have my baby since DH and I plan to conceive this year.

I would love for most of my family to be present during the birth and I know most hospitals only allow about 2-3 people the most.

Are any of you using a midwife in NC? If so, what establishment, how is your experience so far and can family of about 8 be present?

Thanks,

AmyLynnCampbell responded:
I'm in WA and am pregnant with my 2nd. I gave birth with my first at Evergreen Hospital and they let you have as many people as you like in the room with you. If you have a c-section, which I ended up with, you can only have 2 people in surgery with you. I think it totally depends on the establishment, hospital or birthing center. You should research it in your area before deciding.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 15 weeks, We had an ultrasound yesterday to discover how far along I was and we were lucky to discover the gender at the same time :) I have t...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.