Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Report: Arsenic in Apple, Grape Juice
Byroney_WebMD_Staff posted:
"Ten percent of store-bought apple and grape juice samples have more arsenic -- and 25% have more lead -- than the Environmental Protection Agency allows in bottled water, a Consumer Reports study finds.

"Those total arsenic levels are well below the FDA's current "level of concern" that prompts further tests. But the consumer advocacy group says the federal agency should be more worried." Read more at Report: Arsenic in Apple, Grape Juice .

Do you have any concerns about drinking apple and/or grape juice? Has your doctor mentioned anything to you?

Byroney
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-

KBratt responded:
My mom actually saw a special on this on tv a few months back, so I was aware...but no my dr nor pedi has said anything.
Me 23; DH 23; DD1 15mo; EDD2 3/6/12 BLUE TEAM-Riley Wayne

earagonez responded:
I saw on the news that they were talking about Dr. Oz doing a special on it, but then they did a test and proved it wasnt greater than whats in normal water. So I dont know if something has changed but I havent heard anything from my doctor or anyone else. Im not too worried.

Anon_167186 responded:
I saw that last night on Dr. Drew i heard that it was a higher amount than the FDA allows but it is still okay to drink just in small amounts that it you over drink it, it cam lead to bladder cancer or skin cancer. I dont think ill be drinking apple juice or allow my lo drink it. I dont know how to tell dh i dont want him to drink alot of it since its his fav drink and always in the house. I dont wanna risk my health over apple juice

TyneIrish replied to Anon_167186's response:
I feel the same way. My daughter LOVES grape juice, but when I read the article on Yahoo the other day I got scared and decided I wasn't going to buy it anymore. I would rather us drink filtered water with fresh lemon or orange sqweezed into it. The more recent studies show there is around 15 ppm in apple and grape juice where water has around 5 ppm. So that does concern me.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Tiffany (21). I'm engaged to the father, Chris (23). We have been together since October 2010, but have been friends for a couple years...More

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.