Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Pressure
Mom2be12 posted:
Hi ladies,

I'm new to the group and soon to be a first mom as well. I'm in my second trimester actually I'm 14 weeks and 5 days. Lately I have been feeling alot of pressure in my uterus and I'm unsure what it is. It doesn't hurt it just feels like something weighting my uterus down. Have any of you ladies been feeling this way?

Thanks
Happy Babies

hevans0516 responded:
My 1st too! I had some discomfort but my midwife said it was just my uterus growing to allow room for baby. Mine felt like it was being pulled towards my back. She also said as long as I don't have any bleeding there is nothing to be concerned about. I would call your doctor just to see if they can recommend something to help.
ME (29) DH (30) EDD 4/17/2012 We find out which team on 11/23/11!!

mrshoro responded:
I get a hard or full feeling. I'm 16w3d and have been feeling it for weeks. I get once or twice a day. My current OB said it normal, unless it contracts like that more then 4 times in an hour. I find it comforting knowing the my uterus in still full of baby goodness.
Furbaby Roxxy(5) and Abby(2) Due 5/15/2012 with GD.

TyneIrish responded:
I feel this all the time. It's very normal. It's just your uterus getting bigger. Unless you are bleeding you have nothing to worry about. The presure can seem to get worse as your baby gets bigger. I'm 24 w and 3ds now and I have presure almost constantly. As long as your abdomen doesn't get rock hard and there is no pain then you are ok.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, my name is tasha, im 31 and pregnant for the first time, 25 wks right now. I just got married in august to the love of my life, steve, 32, we&#...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful