Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Ultrasound Update
Jackie03291 posted:
So we went in this morning for a growth ultrasound and everything looked good. I am measuring right on, where we should be for 26 weeks. Baby's weight was estimated to be 1.5 lbs and they could clearly see a good amount of hair already on her head, which she said is very rare for this early in pregnancy, so she said to be prepared for baby to probably have a full head of hair! LOL

My 3 year old really liked seeing the baby for the first time and the tech even printed out a couple of pictures just for her. The only semi-bad news is that because of my high blood pressure problems and history, they do want me to come in and have another ultrasound around 29/30 weeks and then more than likely they will start having me come in twice per week after 32 weeks to have an ultrasound done one day and a Non-Stress Test (NST) done the other day. I'm kind of hoping that they change their mind on the second part there, as much as I like having ultrasounds, once per week seems a little extreme! They just said that they like to be on the conservative side and want to make sure that my blood pressure is not having an impact on my placenta, but it looked great today!

Anyways, that is my update. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Jackie (27) DH (36) Ava (10/14/08) Baby Girl 2 Due 5/4/12

sarahann1978 responded:
I'm happy to hear it went well!

Twice a week is insane! I live 75 miles from my OB, so I'm even dreading the once a week trip the last month! I hope they decide to cut back on that for your sake too!

hgreenwood7058 responded:
lurking from the 3rd tri. Glad to hear everything is going really well. Sounds like baby is def going to have a full head of hair. And great weight for baby as well . Doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun with super frequent visits but its always better to be safe than sorry. Maybe your bp won't get super bad and then it won't be as worrisome to them. Best wishes.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

jlynnpaine responded:
Glad you had a good appointment and got to see baby again. I hope your BP stays in check so that you have no complications. I agree it's cool to see them, but going to the doctor twice a week with a toddler in tow is going to be tough.
Jodi (28), DH (24), DD (2), new LO (pink team again!) due 5-16-12

Jackie03291 replied to sarahann1978's response:
75 miles is crazy!! Is that the closest OB to you, or just one that you really like? How far is your hospital?

I am definitely hoping that things remain good, as they have been since I was put on blood pressure meds, and they decide not to have me come in that often! The added expense and time are not something I want unless they feel like it is absolutely necessary!
Jackie (27) DH (36) Ava (10/14/08) Baby Girl 2 Due 5/4/12

sarahann1978 replied to Jackie03291's response:
It is the closest OB doctor. There are family practitioners about 9 miles away, but I have heard some pretty negative things about them, and when I called to talk to their office the receptionist was rude and unhelpful so I opted to go with the OB that my friend recommended. The hospital is in the same medical center as his office.

For my first pregnancy my OB was primarily stationed about 80 miles away. She however came to my town once a month, so for the first part, I saw her here and only had to drive the 80 miles the last couple of months and I delivered DS over there. Since he was induced we didn't have to make the mad dash in labor, so I am still nervous about that, but we will more than likely just head over if/when contraction start having any kind of consistency and hang out if they won't admit me yet. We are also hoping to move closer to family and looking for a new job for DH, so it would also be nice if we moved closer to an OB.

Also as a side note to Jackie and Jodi, we are trying to get discussions going on the three-year-old parenting board, so you should stop over there and say hi too!

jlynnpaine replied to sarahann1978's response:
Sarah, I'm in a similar boat. My ob and hospital are 75 miles away from our house too. There is a slightly closer hospital, which is where I delivered Shae at, it's only about 60 miles away but unless I'm about to have her in the car, we'll have to go to the further one since the closer one will not allow me to have a vbac.

I'll come over and check out the three year board. Glad it's starting to pick up a bit.

BabyDems replied to sarahann1978's response:
keep track of your appointments and add up your milage....you can deduct them at the end of the year on your taxes!
Me(31) DH(32) DD (14 mo.) EDD:5/28/12

jlynnpaine replied to BabyDems's response:
Good point! I always keep track of my medical mileage in my checkbook so that it's easy to go back at the end of the year and tally it up for taxes. Make sure you save receipts!

sarahann1978 replied to BabyDems's response:
Thanks for that advice, I did not know that!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello. Since we don't have signatures anymore, I thought I'd update this! I am usually on the 1-year old exchanges and the Pregnancy: 2nd Tr...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.