Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
light headed / almost fainting...
mommyin2011 posted:
This is my 2nd preg. and I'm 15wks 3dys. I keep getting really bad dizzy spells and almost fell over last night. I was cooking dinner and all of a sudden, I blacked for a second then grabbed my husband who was feeding my son and luckily that stopped me from falling...

What do you think could be the issue? This is happening quite a bit. I did get dizzy with my DS as well, but it seems that this time is worse.

Thanks!
Me (29) DH (27) 3 fur babies - DS born 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! 11 days before DS 1st birthday! :)

Jackie03291 responded:
Definitely could be many things and should be brought up to your doctor ASAP, but in many cases it probably isn't anything too serious. For example, anemia or low blood pressure, both relatively common symptoms of pregnancy, can cause feelings of dizziness and light headedness. Your doctor may have some suggestions on how to help alleviate some of these feelings or at least rule out anything too serious. Best of luck!
Jackie (27) DH (36) Ava (10/14/08) Baby Girl 2 Due 5/4/12

jlynnpaine responded:
I'd definitely bring it up to your doctor. Are you drinking enough water and eating frequent small meals? Like Jackie said, it could be your BP too. I hope it gets better soon.
Jodi (28), DH (24), DD (2), new LO (pink team again!) due 5-16-12

Princess88388 responded:
Lerking from 3rd Trimester: I had similar issues when I was in my 2nd trimester. I ended up being anemic so they put me on iron supplements. Also eat often to prevent your sugar from dipping too low. Also drink plenty of water, gatorades are good as well but they do have a lot of sugar in them if you are trying to watch what you intake. Do not stand for too long. I also read that during this time your heart is pumping for than usual and that can cause an increase in blood pressure and cause the light headedness and feeling like you are going to pass out. Talk to your Dr and see what they recommend. I hope its nothing to serious. Good Luck!

BekahS responded:
I had the same issure with my first pregnancy but it was later on. I'm currently 18w4d and I'm having the same issues now. Saw my OB today actually. She said definately keep up my water intake. And my blood pressure was fine so more than likely I'm slightly anemic. She said that our blood volume is increase but watered down, more or less. So she recommended and iron suppliment (60mg? its 60 somethings) as long as I can tolerate it. Some people get constipated from it. And don't worry, your body only absorbs the iron you need, and the rest filters thru. Also, dont' stand or sit still for long periods. Try to shift your weight left to right if possible. Good luck!

hgreenwood7058 responded:
You need to bring this up to your provider. There could be a few things going on. It could be that your blood pressure is really low or high which would cause fainting. It could also be that your blood sugar is bottoming out which can also cause the same thing. Or it could be a combination. But if you are experiencing this regularly it could be dangerous esp if you are doing things like driving or cooking. Definately talk to you doctor about it sooner than later.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

mommyin2011 responded:
Thank you for all the feed back. I don't get to see my OB till 2/23, so I will just watch what I do and make sure im eating right and drinking lots of water. I do feel that when I get home, I do too much. I have a 6 month old son that I take care of when I get home and also helping with dinner - its allot of work and I try to be 'supermom' but I have to let others help out more.

my prenatal pills don't have any iron in them. I did mention that to my OB and she said that I really dont need the iron b/c all my blood work came back fine., maybe I will get a supplement to help with the dizziness anyways.

thanks again!
Me (29) DH (27) 3 fur babies - DS born 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! 11 days before DS 1st birthday! :)

bbcntpa replied to mommyin2011's response:
I think you should get a prenatal with iron or just the iron supplement, especially given that your body won't store the extra. They wil check you for anemia, but generally not until they do the glucose test, so around 24-28 wks. Might as well go ahead and make sure you're getting enough. I would also go ahead and call your OB's office and make them aware of what is going on. No sense waiting another month, especially if it's something they want to monitor. It sounds like the previous posters covered most of the likely reasons, but you should still let your doc now about it sooner rather than later.
Brook (34), DH (38), DS (3.5), EDD 5/3/12 (but will have a c-section end of April), Pink Team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 26 and am expecting my first child! Sooo excited. This is all new for me and hubby. He was told that he could never have children. So we are lovi...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.