Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Pregnancy Emotions Vs. The real deal
mrshoro posted:
This week has been hard. My dad has to have surgery, I thought the baby stopped moving(he is fine), and found out the a childhood friend's mother passed away.

So today I have been bawling my eyes out. Yes everything is sad/scary but I'm starting to think that if I wasn't prego I wouldn't be so weepy, I'm a strong woman.

Have any of you felt this way? Do you feel emotionally weaker just because your pregnant?
Furbaby Roxxy(5) and Abby(2) Due 5/15/2012 with GD.

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I hardly ever cry. I've cried more since I've been pregnant than I have in the last 10 years! Last week, I burned my tongue on a hot drink and I cried because I thought my husband was yelling at me when he was yelling my name to see if I was ok. One of my dog's doggie friends on facebook crossed the rainbow bridge this week and I cry every time I read an update or even think about him. Work is stressing me out because I'm tired all the time.

I totally understand how you feel. These pregnancy hormones are really making me emotional.

jlynnpaine responded:
Definitely. This pregnancy hasn't been as bad, but my first one, I was a mess. I cried hysterically over DH's beard and how much I hated it when I was pregnant with Shae. I hope things start looking up for you soon. Wishing your Dad a quick recovery from surgery.
Jodi (28), DH (24), DD (2), new LO (pink team again!) due 5-16-12

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Yes i have been more emotional since being pregnant. I was hormonal before slightly where I would get a little emotional but not to this extent. Things get to me more easily. Hugs for everything that has happened to you and your loved ones.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

lilbabymama25 responded:
I found myself getting teary eyed while watching American Idol the other day. And anytime my DB even seems slightly annoyed or mad about anything I've done, I just want to bawl my eyes out. Granted I am a more emotional person naturally but this is beyond anything I've experienced.

bbcntpa responded:
Don't watch the movie Courageous, then. It's a good movie (especially for your husband to watch), but my DH and I watched it last night and I cried and cried. Then again...so did DH!
Brook (34), DH (38), DS (3.5), EDD 5/3/12 (but will have a c-section end of April), Pink Team!

BabyDems replied to bbcntpa's response:
lol, glad i feel asleep during the movie than!
Me(31) DH(32) DD (14 mo.) EDD:5/28/12

lilbabymama25 replied to bbcntpa's response:
Maybe it's a good thing my DB tends to want to watch scary movies instead of sad ones. He did surprise me though and say he wants to take me to see The Vow on Friday. I've been dying to see it, but I better bring a tissue box. I know I'm going to cry like a baby.

BabyDems responded:
um wow.....really emotional tonight! Doesn't help that I had made a slide show with sappy music on it for my daughters first bday which was in Sept.....I just watched it with her & was crying....sweet little girl was rubbing my head and face....god I love her so much! I really worry about not giving her enough attention when baby girl #2 arrives....anyone else have this fear??
Me(31) DH(32) DD (14 mo.) EDD:5/28/12

Spotlight: Member Stories

My boyfriend and I have been together for awhile now and it just so happened that about 6 months ago, we got pregnant. We're both very excited! It...More

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.