Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Worried about weight gain
Colter1954 posted:
During my pregnancy I've been pretty spot on with weight gain, 5 pounds in the first trimester, 4 pounds in the fourth month and 5 pounds in the 5 month. This month however, my sixth month, I've only gained two pounds, I'm worried that something's wrong even though I'm still in the recommended weight gain for how far along I am. Is it okif your not gaining a pound a week every single week?

jlynnpaine responded:
Yes, you're fine. You may have a big jump in weight gain in the next couple weeks to make up for it or you may not. As long as your doctor isn't concerned, just relax.
Jodi (28), DH (24), DD (2), new LO (pink team again!) due 5-16-12

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Lurking....Yep its okay as long as your eating like normal and things nothing to worry about. Weight gain fluctuates. I gained 1lb in 1st tri (14 weeks) then gained 4 more pounds at 17 weeks (total of 5) then at 21 weeks I gained 7lb (total of 12lb) and then 25 weeks I gained another 6.5lb (total of 18.5lb) then only gained 2lb at 28 weeks (20.5lb total) then today at 31w1d I gained 3lb10oz (total weight gain of 24lb2oz). So it can really fluctuate. There will be weeks you don't gain a full pound a week and other weeks you will make up for it.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

nicram8683 responded:
It also depends on what your starting weight was. I am a bit heavy to begin with and was on a weight reducing regimen from my fertility doctor when I got pregnant. I lost about 9 pounds in the 1st trimester due to very bad m/s (or all day sickness really). From my month 4 to month 5 Dr. appt I didnt gain anything. Weighed in at the same amount. But my baby is growing very well and so is my belly. But because I am eating so healthy, fruits & veggies, and walking I am losing "fat". And my Dr. says everything is perfectly normal. So I would not be concerned because every body is different. Unless Dr. says baby isnt growing normally, you re probably just fine.
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
My OB told me that it was ok if I didn't gain any weight, as long as I took my prenatal vitamins and the baby was growing normally.

heartversushead responded:
I'm 5'4" and was 115 when I got pregnant. I gained 6lbs by the time I was 12wks, and in the past 2 wks, I jumped up another 6lbs! I wanted lots of meat the first half of my first trimester, and now I'm wanting more fruits and veggies. I exercise 3 times a week, so the weight gain has really taken me by surprise! But, Dr. is happy my baby and I are healthy so far, so I guess that's what's the most important.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Kelly (32) ~ Craig (36) ~ Eliana (5) ~ Joshua (3.5) ~ Bekah (1) ~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011) ~ ^i^ (Jan 2006)

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.