Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
pressure at 18 wks
mommyin2011 posted:
I'm 18w3d and im starting to feel lots of pressure down there. I feel really, really sore. I really hope this is not my body getting ready for labor. I still have 22 wks to go! No contractions, but lots of pain...any one else experiencing this? It feels like I have pulled a muscle...but I haven't...
Me (29) DH (27) 3 fur babies - DS born 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! 11 days before DS 1st birthday! :)
PINK TEAM!!

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
You're probably having round ligament pain. It's pain you get from your uterus stretching as the baby grows. I hit 19 weeks tomorrow and I've been having it on and off since about 12 weeks or so. A few days after I feel some pain, my baby bump does look a little bigger.

Ask your doctor to be sure, but it might be that you're stretching.

mommyin2011 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
I did notice my bump was bigger this morning...im pretty sure its just me stretching, but its so nerve wracking!! I wish I could see inside my belly just to know that all is ok

thanks for your reply!
Me (29) DH (27) 3 fur babies - DS born 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! 11 days before DS 1st birthday! :)
PINK TEAM!!

mom2aboy3 responded:
probly your baby growing and your uterous growing and all the baby could be sitting right on your cervix which will be why your having the preasure feeling you are feeling the baby move around maybe even a kick or two as long as you are experiencing that im sure you and your baby are ok i know bout my baby and the preasure i feel daily because seems as though my son is always sitting on my cervix enjoy your bundle of joy you will be having

mayas_momma responded:
I had/have LOTS of pressure and (at my ultrasounds) found out my baby has her little head planted in my cervix. That could be the reason you're have pressure and pain. I was extremely petite before I got pregnant so all the extra weight causes me the SAME feeling (like a pulled muscle around my hip area if I move funny/too quick)... It's always safer to ask your health care provider though, just to be sure because EVERY pregnancy is different.

mommyin2011 replied to mom2aboy3's response:
Thank you,
I saw my OB yesterday and she said its just growing pains. I feel my little girl move all the time so that makes me know all is good!!!
PINK TEAM!!

mommyin2011 replied to mayas_momma's response:
I did ask my OB yesterday and without doing an u/s, she said that its normal to feel like that. I did say that I never felt this with my son and she did say every pregnancy is different.
what worries me the most is the cramp feeling I get in the same spot on my stomach. my OB said its fine, but it still worries me....im sure all is ok though

have a good wknd!!
PINK TEAM!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I'm Erica. I am happily married to my highschool sweetheart Gary, we have been together for 14 years married for 7. We have a beautiful daughte...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.