Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Monday updates (2/20/12)
BekahS posted:
Rebekah and baby boy no name 21w 4d

W/g: 7-10lbs? I have no clue

S/c: nothing too bad actually. A little bit of heartburn. And feeling a bit more "pregnant."

Other: still haven't even talked about names. Heavy sigh. Haha

Next appt: regular OB 2/29
Me (Bekah) 25, DF (Shane) 25, DD (Avery) 4
Expecting our second bundle of joy 6/29/2012. Team Blue!

sarahann1978 responded:
Sarah and green team baby 15w 3d

s/c: Heartburn is increasing, but still controllable with Tums, will probably talk to doctor about it this week. Sleep has been challenging, but we were also traveling all week and last night I slept great in our own bed again.

Other: Everyone in our family is hoping for a girl. I hope they aren't too disappointed if it's a boy.

Next appt: This Thursday, Feb. 23
Sarah (33) DH (30) DS (Jan 2009) baby (Aug 2012)

jlynnpaine responded:
Jodi and Baby Girl

27w6d

w/g: 24 lbs

s/c: Little bit of heartburn but other than that I feel great.

Other: Having a hard time deciding on the spelling for the name that we love and am worried I will regret going with the name, even though I can't come up with anything I like better. It consumes my thoughts.

Next appt: 3/1
Jodi (28), DH (24), DD (2), new LO (pink team again!) due 5-16-12

BekahS responded:
I was begining to worry no one would continue this! Thank you. Jodi-is your name a secret? Go with your gut. We got so much heat about naming our daughter Avery (it's in the book as a boy name and our family/friends had never heard it used as a girl's name). But we went with the ONE name we both agreed on and let it at that. Haha. Good luck with your choice. No matter what, it will suit baby girl perfect.

jlynnpaine replied to BekahS's response:
Yes, we keep our names a secret, otherwise I'd totally ask your guys' opinions on it. But you're right. I need to just go with the name I like and stop over thinking it. My biggest concern is that people with mispronounce it, but really, in this day and age, that's not going to be uncommon. I don't really give a crap what my family thinks about it, hence the reason we don't tell the name ahead of time. We don't want other people's opinions to sway us from a name that we really love. By the way, I LOVE the name Avery and would also have used it as a girls name. Shae is usually masculine as well. I told Gatlin that if our third baby is a girl, we're in trouble since we're struggling so much with naming a second one. I suggested we go with Shae Junior for this baby.

BekahS replied to jlynnpaine's response:
Oh I wish i could keep our name a secret. Well, when we pick one. Haha. DF probably couldn't keep his mouth shut that we are having a boy. So a name would be impossible. haha. People still mispronounce Avery and I think it's pretty easy. Oh well. Im totally used to it. My name being Rebekah and most people not familiar with that spelling (thanks mom and dad!), I explain it alot.

mommyin2011 replied to BekahS's response:
I also had family 'insight' on the name I choose for my son (Adrian). Its a unisex name and I got grief for that and that this the wife's name off of the movie Rocky...I got allot of 'Yo Adrian'...I tried to change his name before I delivered but every other name I thought of just wasn't right...he is an Adrian; from his head to his toes im glad I stuck with my picked for him!!! im having a girl now and DH named her...Natalie Rose. some ppl don't care for it, but DH wants it, so that's what it is I named our son, he can name our daughter.
Me (29) DH (27) 3 fur babies - DS born 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! 11 days before DS 1st birthday! :)
PINK TEAM!!

How the heck do people mispronounce Avery? DH is big on keeping the name a secret. I shared our name with my mom last time and though he didn't say anything about it, I know he was ticked off, even though she managed to keep it a secret the entire time. So this time, I'm determined to keep my mouth shut. Although input sure would be nice sometimes. I'm tired of just having him to talk to about it.

BekahS replied to jlynnpaine's response:
I don't know. I thought Avery was pretty self explanatory. Haha. Well at you and your husband can bounce things off each other. We haven't even started. It keeps things exciting that this little boy isn't named yet. Once they have a name, it makes the time until you meet them take forever.

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
Mary and Twin A (Erin Elisabeth) and Twin B (James Donald)
19w 1d

w/g: 4 lbs

s/c: bizarre dreams, reflux, fatigue, trouble getting out of the bathtub, peeing my pants when I sneeze (sooo embarassing!)

Next appt: High-risk OB 3/8 for the big anatomy scan

*** We saw the babies' hearts today but they're still too small for us to see their other organs well enough to do the scan. My high-risk OB said that so far, they look great. YAY!***

Last night we agreed to spell it the way we like it and just deal with the mispronunciations that are going to result either way.

Mary, that's great that you were able to see both heartbeats. And I feel your pain about peeing when you sneeze. That is a very real possibility for me as well so I am always quick to cross my legs and pray that I can hold it in.

BekahS replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Trust me, it's not just you and the sneezing. I've had a few scary moments.

KimberlyHall2015 responded:
Kimberly and baby Emily
27 wk 5 day

S/C: Quite a bit more heartburn. I was actually beginning to think I would last the rest of the pregnancy without any...ha. I cant sleep at night because I have to pee at least 2 or 3 times during the night. Also, my allergies are horrible. But, Emily is moving alot and staying super active.

Other: I cant believe I am moving up to 3rd trimester as of this coming Sunday. Time is flying by.

Next appt: 3/1 to see ob 3/8 for next growth scan ultrasound
Kimberly/34 Brad/33 DS-Jeremiah/15 DD-Mikayla/11 and Emily-due5/20/12

hoping101 responded:
Melinda and Green Team 13w 1d
[br>w/g: Down 5 pounds thanks to morning sickness[br>[br>s/c: Tired, Morning Sickness but controlled with my BFF Zofran, and a bit irritable.[br>[br>Other: Finally shared the news this past week with family and friends. I am anxious to find out if this is a boy or a girl. Guess I should start thinking up some names. Not impressed with what my husband has come up with.[br>[br>Next appt: 3/5 Ultrasound

Spotlight: Member Stories

Ashley(25), DH(26), DD(7), DS(2) 3 furbabies TTC since May '09 BFP 11/13/09!!! EDD 7/26/10 HB 168 BPM YELLOW TEAM!!!!!

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.