Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
OB appt update
mommyin2011 posted:
Had my OB appt yesterday. Baby's heartbeat was 138-140 bpm and I have lost 2 lbs so far!!! (im 19 wks prego). I don't understand why im not gaining weight. I eat 3 meals a day and snake all the time. no morning sickness....strange. OB doc isn't concerned so im happy with the weight loss

Happy Friday!!
Me (29) DH (27) 3 fur babies - DS born 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! 11 days before DS 1st birthday! :)
PINK TEAM!!

sarahann1978 responded:
If the OB isn't concerned then I wouldn't worry about it. Are you a small or big person to begin with? It seems like sometimes that makes a big difference in how much weight a person puts on. Also maybe since it has not been that long since you had your DS.

I think I put on all the weight I did because I went on a trip last week and ate out a lot! We normally eat out only every couple of weeks, so I am not use to all the high calorie restaurant food.
Sarah (33) DH (30) DS (Jan 2009) baby (Aug 2012)

sarahann1978 replied to sarahann1978's response:
And have a great weekend Mommyin2011!
Sarah (33) DH (30) DS (Jan 2009) baby (Aug 2012)

mommyin2011 replied to sarahann1978's response:
Im 5'4 180, so on the bigger side. with my son, I only put on 12 lbs and lost 25 after I had him!! I think it will be the same for this one too. as long as baby is grow and healthy that's all I care about. I do eat allot...I guess pregnancy just agrees with me

have a good weekend as well!!!
Me (29) DH (27) 3 fur babies - DS born 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! 11 days before DS 1st birthday! :)
PINK TEAM!!

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I've only gained 4 lbs with these twins and I'll be 20 weeks on Tuesday. I have baby bump envy!!! My doctor told me not to focus on weight gain, but that they'll measure the babies and see if they're the right size for their age. So far, they're perfect. You might not gain much weight, and your OB will probably only become concerned if your baby isn't growing fast enough.

mayas_momma replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
My OB went off on me for not gaining enough weight (I'm 24 wks) but my baby girl is the right size for her gestational age so far... My OB's just worried I'll go into preterm labor or there'll be growth restriction (I had a petite frame to begin with and was bordering between the low end of healthy weight and under weight before I got pregnant, so they're expecting me to gain a LOT more weight-40 lbs through my pregnancy). My mom only gained 16 lbs her WHOLE pregnancy with me though (similar build to me when we're not pregnant) and I came out on time, 6 lbs. 6 oz. so normal size... I think it's a lot to do with your metabolism and activity level (along with a possibly high stress level in some cases). If your doc isn't concerned with it, or if your body doesn't feel like it's a bad thing, I don't see an issue with not gaining the "recommended" amount of weight... I think every woman's body handles pregnancy differently.

mommyin2011 replied to mayas_momma's response:
Thanks for the replies. I mentioned this to a friend and she made me feel bad that I haven't gained any weight and I actually lost 2 lbs. my baby is very active and my doctor isn't concerned so, I will continue to eat how I do (healthy) and enjoy my non-weight gain
PINK TEAM!!

Klittle1313 replied to mommyin2011's response:
I am 20 weeks will be 21 weeks tomorrow with twin girls and in the start i lost over 20 lbs, but I'm finally back up there. good luck on gaining the weight!! don't stress over it especially if the baby is growing good.

mom2aboy3 responded:
im with you on the loosing weight i had sever neausa in the beginning just started gettign over it but mine was so bad i was throwing up 8 or 9 times a day every thing i would eat and drink wasnt staying in me i am also a type 2 diabetic and i have lost 40 lbs sence october when i found out i was preg i am goign to be 27 weeks tomorrow and my doc said as long as the baby is growing then we would just keep on the medicine to try to stop my neausa because it seems to be helping i am on my 4th preg and ive had the same issue with every pregnancy i have how ever lost 2 babies due to my cervix and i gave birth at 33 weeks with my son this one is a boy too and my ob says i am probly going to be having the baby round 34 maybe 35 weeks if im lucky so we are preparing for this baby earlier then in the past i just hope shes wrong and i go to 37 weeks i have a cercloghe and i am gettign progesterone shots weekly to prevent preterm labor and birth so hopefully the combo works oo my son who was born at 33 weeks 5 days was born weighing 6lbs 6oz he was the size of a normal baby i think they messed up on the due date i swear

mommyin2011 replied to mom2aboy3's response:
wow....i really hope your little guy stays in as long as he needs. it seems like they might be getting your due date wrong. i wish a healthy and safe delivery for you!!
PINK TEAM!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Becca. DH and I had been TTC for 18 cycles before success!!! It was our 3 IUI and our 2nd round with Femara and Menopur. We got our BFP...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.