Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Baby Shower Thoughts...
hoping101 posted:
I still have awhile before I need to start thinking about baby showers... but what is your take on them.

My kids will be 2 years apart. I of course had a shower with my 1st son with friends who for the most part have all relocated.

Is it wrong for me to have another one? We are having another boy and have almost everything from our 1st son. It would be nice to stock up on everyday needs though... diapers, diaper rash cream, new bottles/ nipples etc. What do you think? Am I being selfish? This group of friends for the most part are new ones who weren't able to celebrate before.

Thanks in advance
DH(28), Me(26), DS(1), Baby 2 EDD Sept 2, 2012

mwhite80 responded:
I know some ladies instead of a shower have a sprinkle or diaper shower for a second or so pregnancy. Its really up to you, some people like to celebrate each pregnancy. I had a welcome party when I had my daughter after she was born, my kids are 3 1/2 years apart and my second was a girl. I already had friends and family sending me gifts and hand me downs.
Madeline(31)DH(31)-DS Paul(4), Angel baby mc @ 6weeks 8/2008, DD Isabella(1) New Baby HPT 1/07/12 EDD 08/25/2012

hoping101 replied to mwhite80's response:
I think a Sprinkle Party sounds perfect! How would I let people know what it is if they don't already. I know I had never heard of that until recently. I found some cute invitations too! Would I register as usual for the products that I could use?
DH(28), Me(26), DS(1), Baby Boy 2 EDD Sept 2, 2012!

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't care one bit if I had just had a baby two years ago. Your new baby needs stuff. Your friends and family probably are dying to buy him gifts. Don't feel guilty. If they don't want to or can't afford to buy a big gift, then they can decide to get a smaller one.

It is 100% appropriate to have a theme for your shower such as a "diaper shower". A lot of your friends will probably ask what you need the most. Then, you can tell them in detail that you need everyday items.

Oh, and by the way, it's never too early to plan a party, LOL!!!!

BekahS replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
I like the way you think! I think if someone is willing/wanting to throw you a shower, then by all means have one.

My babies will be 5 years apart so I am having another shower. I felt awkward but my friend wants to and as she says, "she's living vicariously thru me." haha. And this baby is a boy so we have nothing for the most part. All we have is a crib and changing table. I've been buying diapers everytime I grocery shop or go to target/walmart so I have quite a stockpile! And a couple outfits and totes of hand-me-downs. So all we really need is daily stuff and the most expensive thing I registered for is a bedding set (and my DF's mother has already claimed it. Haha).

Anyway, that was rambling. Have a shower/sprinkle. Have fun! I want mine a co-ed shower this time. I'll supply the beer to keep the men occupied! Haha.
Me (Bekah) 25, DF (Shane) 25, DD (Avery) 4
Expecting our second bundle of joy 6/29/2012. Team Blue!

sarahann1978 responded:
I think it's a silly old notion that you can't have multiple baby showers. I see no problem with registering for what you need. It does not obligate people to buy the things on your registry, but at least it's available if someone needs an idea. Also sometimes you get discounts on the stuff that you don't get at the shower.

I have no idea how it will work for me. I had two showers with DS, one with DH's coworkers and one with my coworkers. My Mom and Sis attended the shower with my coworkers. We are applying for jobs and hoping to move from here, but who knows when it will happen, so if we are still here and someone wants to throw one, then fine, but I am not asking for one. If we move I doubt I will have one, unless our families are able to get together because I won't know the people at the new location long enough.
Sarah (33) DH (30) DS (Jan 2009) baby (Aug 2012)

hoping101 responded:
Thanks everyone! I will have a party and not feel guilty! I know though I don't want one as elaborate as last time. A Soldier of mine at the time hosted it and my husband had it catered. It was pricey but he wanted to have the best for my 1st shower. We really weren't sure if we were going to be able to have more kids after the struggles we had the first time. We may or may not have someone host this one... it may be us LOL!

BekahS- I had a coed one and it was awesome! A friend of mine made an alcoholic juice punch for them... they drank and played all of the silly games. It really was pretty awesome. We will do the same this time!

mwhite80 replied to hoping101's response:
I found this online, I planned a Sprinkle Party a few years ago for a friend's second baby. This gives you some idea's how to throw a Sprinkle. Have fun.

http://www.baby-shower.com/themes/baby-sprinkle.html
Madeline(31)DH(31)-DS Paul(4), Angel baby mc @ 6weeks 8/2008, DD Isabella(1) New Baby HPT 1/07/12 EDD 08/25/2012

mommyin2011 responded:
my kids will only be 11 months-3wks apart. and im having a full on 2nd baby shower! I believe each baby is worth celebrating to the fullest.
Me (29) DH (27) 3 fur babies - DS born 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! 11 days before DS 1st birthday! :)
PINK TEAM!!

nicram8683 responded:
Well this LO is going to be 8 years apart from my DD. And this one is a boy. I have NOTHING for a baby, since many years ago I put off the notion of having a child. So while I am not having a full on shower, I did create a full registry of everything that we want & need. That way family & friends can make purchases for us if they wish.
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012 It's a BOY!

hoping101 responded:
Well now I am excited... I will be having a Sprinkle Party which will be hosted by really good friends of ours. They are flying in perfectly around my 30 week mark for another event and will throw my party as well!!! And......... I don't feel guilty!

I have started registering as it will be my budget plan as well... if I don't get everything then I know how much to put off to the side to purchase myself! We are on a SUPER STRICT budget as I took a HUGE pay cut this year.

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH and I were married in July 2006 and in August 2007 we welcomed our Sweet Little Girl. We wanted another one but after a year of trying we were told...More

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.