Still no movement
Cowgal7083 posted:
I'm 18w today and I still haven't felt my baby move. I have tried laying very still and relaxing, but nothing. My friend who is 2 weeks behind me has been feeling what she thinks is movement for almost 2 weeks. When I saw my OB 4 weeks ago, the baby was bouncing all over the place, so I'm assuming that he/she is active, but still nothing on my end. I guess I just need some reasurance that we (baby and I) are normal. This is my first preg and I've just started to show in the past week (just kinda popped).

Take the Poll

When did you feel your baby move for the first time?
  • 12-15 weeks
  • 16-19 weeks
  • 20-23 weeks
  • 24-27 weeks
vote
View Poll Results

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I'm 21 weeks and I can feel my twins move a little, but not much. They are very active when we see them on the ultrasounds, but I guess that they're positioned weird to where I don't feel them moving but maybe once a day, and even then, it's just tiny little kicks.
I wish I was showing more. I have a tiny baby bump, but it's not obvious that I'm pregnant, much less with twins. A week and a half ago, I had gained less than 10 lbs since becoming pregnant.

Your baby might just be facing backwards. I think that most doctors won't become concerned until you're 22 weeks or more and still can't feel the baby. Even then, they'll probably just do an ultrasound to check the baby. Good luck!!!

mwhite80 responded:
According to webmd first kicks are not felt until 18-22 weeks. Some second or more times moms feel them earlier. I just started feeling flutters at 15 weeks.
Madeline(31)DH(31)-DS Paul(4), Angel baby mc @ 6weeks 8/2008, DD Isabella(1) New Baby HPT 1/07/12 EDD 08/25/2012

mommyin2011 responded:
With my son, he first kick I felt was at 14 wks, now with my daughter, I started feeling them around 17-18 wks. I really only feel something in the morning or at night when im in bed.
when I use to call my OB regarding my son and not being able to feel him (I was worried all the time with my 1st preg. and I called for everything!) they said to drink cold water and lay on your left side. but also, if I didn't feel him move within that hr, to go to the ER. which I never had to.

im sure your baby is perfectly fine, maybe just not kicking as hard as you'd like him/her to. If you are really worried and don't feel anything for a long while, do not be ashamed to go to the ER or call your doctor or the on-call doc. Better to be safe.

Good luck with everything!!
Me (29) DH (27) 3 fur babies - DS born 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! 11 days before DS 1st birthday! :)
PINK TEAM!!

kimmiesgirl5787 responded:
it si normal not to feel the baby move. the baby may just be resting and relaxing but as u get farther alog u will feel the
baby move more no need to worryjust relax. when you get worked up so does the baby and that can make the baby stress out