Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Almost 17 weeks; no baby bump but weigh gain
vds10 posted:
I'll be 17 weeks in two days. I have gained about 15 pounds but I'm not even showing. My friends keep asking if I'm really pregnant. This is my first baby so I know that sometimes it can take longer to show since my uterus is not used to stretching yet. But I've gained so much weight that I'm not sure why. I feel like I don't eat much differently than before. I work out a lot so I'm used to eating frequently. During my first trimester I wanted a lot of salty foods so I ate more fries and chips than normal so maybe that's why I've gained a lot so far. Most of my weight came from the first trimester. Right before I got my positive pregnancy test (but had a feeling I was pregnant) I was 142. At my first appt I think I was about 7 weeks and weighed 146 at hospital. Then at 10 weeks I was 148. At 14 weeks I was 153. I just weighed myself and I'm 157. Could some weight be water weight from salt? I seem to only gain weight on the scale after I've eaten out (usually over the weekend which I know their food has more salt) but during the week I seem to stay the same weight (I fix my lunch and cook dinner). I think all the weight has gone to my legs, butt, and hips. I feel and look wider and my waist is thicker but no actual baby bump. I was prepared to get a belly but just feeling fatter is depressing. Anyone feel this way?

mommyin2011 responded:
First off...Congrats on your pregnancy!!!! Do you know what your having??
Im currently on my 2nd pregnancy and haven't gain any weight so far (im 21 wks) - I have actually lost 2 lbs. My doctor is not concerned at all. Baby is growing strong and on time
With my first, I gained a total of 12 lbs and my son was 7lbs 8oz of those 12 lbs......after I gave birth, I was 25lbs lighter than when I became pregnant!! I just ate healthy.

You not showing yet is normal for some. I started showing around your time with my 1st preg., now, with this one, I started showing as soon as I found out I was pregnant!!

Every pregnancy is different and everyone shows at different times. Your baby maybe more towards your back then your front....But have no fear, you will get your baby bump and more importantly, you will get your beautiful baby soon!!!

Below is a chart on how much you should be gaining.

http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/pregnancy-weight-gain-guidelines
Me (29) DH (27) 3 fur babies - DS born 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! 11 days before DS 1st birthday! :)
PINK TEAM!!

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I'm 22 weeks pregnant with twins and I've only gained 5 lbs. I can tell that I have a bump, but if I don't tell people, they wouldn't guess that I'm pregnant. My husband was laughing at me because my belly button is really wide. I told him to shut up because I can't even see it now, LOL!

I think it's normal for us to feel disappointed not to be showing. Some women have the cutest big baby bumps.

vds10 replied to mommyin2011's response:
I think I'm more concerned about all the weight gain when I'm not even showing. So I'm thinking if my baby isn't that big right now and I read that it only weighs a few ounces then why in the world am I gaining so much weight?? I know how much I should be eating. I'm a nurse and in nursing school I promised myself that I would gain the lowest, healthiest weight that pregnancy women should gain. I realize now it's pretty much impossible to reach that. In first trimester I ate a lot because I always had headaches and felt miserable and eating frequently helped it some. Also I felt nauseous but didn't throw up and again eating all the time made my stomach feel better because it wasn't ever empty. I work out just as before and I don't eat differently really than before. I've always been a healthy eater for the most part but with pregnancy I've wanted more salty things and it's hard when you crave something. It's getting better now but I feel like I've already gained so much in the first few weeks. I will just try to really watch more what I eat and continue to workout.

vds10 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Well if I don't show too much then maybe I won't have to worry about my stomach looking that horrible afterwards. I think my body is just prone to getting fat. I've always had to watch what I eat. I think I will workout longer to try to keep my weight gain more steady.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey there my name is Erika and I am 24 about to be 25 in April. My loving boyfriend cody who is 26 about to be 27 . We have been together for 4 awesom...More

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.