Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Any names picked out yet?
mommyin2011 posted:
For me, its so much easier coming up with a boy name then a girl...so, since im having a girl, its been really hard to pick out a name.

This is what I have in mind so far:

- Olivia Rose
- Megan Rose
- Jade Rosemary
- Natalie Rose

(my mothers middle name is Rosemary and MIL is Rosa, so, we are using Rose to honor them both - my DS middle name is after my dad - so, keeping the same trend)

if I were having a boy, I would name him Caiden Emanuel (Emanuel after DH)

Have you thought of any names yet??
Me (29) DH (27) 3 fur babies - DS born 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! 11 days before DS 1st birthday! :)
PINK TEAM!!

babypatrick responded:
I totally understand. My husband and I can agree on a boy's name hands down...but a girl's name it like pulling teeth to try and finding one we both like. I like the name Olivia Rose. My husband likes
-Grace Dawn
-Lucille Dawn
-Paige Dawn

My top two choices are
-Taylen Dawn
-Maylee Dawn

Middle name is after his grandfather. My two year old is named Patrick Robert after my grandparents Patricia and Robert. I don't think this little girl is going to have a name until she is born!!!

mommyin2011 replied to babypatrick's response:
I really like Grace (or Gracie) Dawn

Thats how I feel about my girl...when I see her, hopefully oneof the names I have in mind 'fit' her and that will be it...its just so hard to think of a girls name..
Me (29) DH (27) 3 fur babies - DS born 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! 11 days before DS 1st birthday! :)
PINK TEAM!!

Zaysmama replied to mommyin2011's response:
mommyin2011 , My favorite is the Olivia Rose, but I also like Jade Rosemary!

babypatrick , I love Maylee Dawn, Its different and still so pretty!

With DS we have both boy and girl names picked out within a week of getting the BFP, same this time.
We still don't knwo what we are having and the only requirement I was given was to include DH's sister's name who passed a few years ago. We were able to compromise and have agreed on

Davanee Lyn-Toi - for a girl (sisters name was Toi Lynn)
Broncz Taydun - for a boy

They are unusual names but I love being different and I know the name will stand out no matter what as will the LO

ajohnson08099 replied to Zaysmama's response:
I like Olivia Rose.. But my problem is is that Olivia is becoming so popular. So in the end I like Jade Rosemary.. I don't know I just like it best.

babypatrick: I like Gracie Dawn or Taylen Dawn. Sounds like your hubby is more traditional and you like the modern names. The only name I DONT like is Lucille... I just... Dont lol

Anyways was just lurking but had to throw in my two cents!

babypatrick replied to ajohnson08099's response:
Thanks everyone... Don't worry it won't be Lucille!!!!!! I absoulty do not like it. It so hard to name the little one, they are stuck with it for life! I just want a name that they won't be six of them in their class. I think that we will just agree on two names and then wait and see what fits her! Maybe it will be completely different then what we are thinking of now. :0

beckyatmoms replied to babypatrick's response:
If you named her Lucille you could call her Lucy (which I LOVE). I really like Olivia but it is SOOOO popular right now.

Since we are having two I got to pick one name and DH got to pick one name. I went with Reagan (call her Ray) Grace (after my grandmother) and he went with Emma (his mom's middle name) Lee (my mom's middle name). I like it because all the names mean something.

RobynMia replied to beckyatmoms's response:
I love the name Grace but it is my dad's ex-wife's name so my mother would all but die. If you go with Grace Dawn the initials would be GD. I use that abbreviation as my PC way of swearing all the time. You may want to reconsider.

Aside from that I love some of the old fashion names. Olivia is cute but I agree, it is quite popular. An alternative may be Octavia. I would probably be shorten to something like Tavia. I do like Lucy but not Lucille. Lucy is cute and simple.

As of right now, we have Scarlett Jade Jacobs for a girl and Hunter Russell for a boy. Russell is a family name. Family names for a boy don't make as much sense to me because they will keep their last name forever. So they technically do have a family name. But I gave in, in this case.

As far as name searches, I have a name that is uniquely spelled and it has been forever butchered. Annoying. So just make sure you don't do that to your kid. Either that or something so unique that they have to constantly correct people on the pronunciation. The kid themselves will probably make themselves a nickname if someone else doesn't.

Also, for every name hubby and I have picked out, we have done our best to put ourselves in grade school shoes to come up with the worst possible malformation of the name....cas' it will happen. For example: Ella. Now, what if your child is overweight.... Ellaphant?! See what I'm saying!

babypatrick replied to RobynMia's response:
Okay what do you guys think of Danielle Dawn or Jordan Dawn. My husband really likes Danielle now but I'm not sure. We would prob. end up calling her Dani for short. I'm not sold but it is my middle name.

mommyin2011 replied to babypatrick's response:
Danielle is a very pretty name. I like Dani too...But Jordan Dawn is different and very pretty...I like that name the best!
Me (29) DH (27) 4 fur babies - DS born 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! 11 days before DS 1st birthday! :) PINK TEAM!!

beckie_33 responded:
Emilie Rose is a good name. If you think Olivia is too common you can go with Ovilla Rose.

I like the naming after family. I don't know what i'm having yet but if it's a girl I want to name her Susanna Evon. Susanne is my middle name and Evon is my mother's middle name. I haven't been able to think of any boy names.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am currently a SAHM to my amazing little man, who is 3.5. I am in school finishing up my degree in Speech Therapy. My husband is Active Duty Army an...More

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.