Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Hip Pain!
KOMmom posted:
I'm 15 w and for the last 2 weeks or so I've had hip pain (both sides) when trying to sleep. I'll start out on one side and the pain will get bad enough that it will wake me up, which is my cue to switch to the other side. Than that side will hurt and the whole process starts again. Right side seems to be worse. I'm not comfortable laying on the back so the side is really the only way I have to go. Anyone else had this and any advise on some comfort relief? I don't want to go the Tylenol route for something like this since it isn't like it is going to go away anytime soon. I had this with my daughter also but don't remember it being this soon.

sarahann1978 responded:
I have been having terrible hip pain this time around and did not with my DS. My hip kind of pops out sometimes too, especially when I lay on the floor playing with DS, and it's hard to walk until it shift back into place. Sleeping is miserable as I also have a lot of pain and hurt when I roll over.

I spoke to my OB about it and they referred me to a Physical Therapist and I have my first appointment on Wednesday. I have also been sleeping with a pillow between my legs and that seems to help some.
Sarah (33) DH (31) DS (Jan 2009) Team Pink Baby (Aug 2012)

KOMmom replied to sarahann1978's response:
Thanks for the feedback! I have an appt. on Friday so I'm going to mention and see what she recommends. But in the meantime I can at least try the pillow and see if that helps some.

htots responded:
I have been using a second pillow to use under my hip. Sort of props them up. Then I lay my top leg and belly over my body pillow. Then my bottom leg I lay straight inbetween the two pillows. It is quite entertaining watching me get into position I am sure. But so far it is the only way I can fall asleep without my hips killing me. Sorry! I feel your pain

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am currently a SAHM to my amazing little man, who is 3.5. I am in school finishing up my degree in Speech Therapy. My husband is Active Duty Army an...More

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.