Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Let's get more active with a poll...
hoping101 posted:
1. How long did you TTC or was your pg a surprise?
We decided to try and it happened the first month!

2. If you know the gender was your mommy intuition right or what do you think you are having?
I was right!

3. Have you started the nursery?
Yes, slowly but surely!

4. What was the first item you bought for your LO?
A monkey blanket that my son picked out for his baby brother!

5. Bottle or Breast?
Going to try breastfeeding... hoping for better luck!

6. Who will be in the delivery room with you?
My husband and possible a close friend. It will depend if my husband delivers the baby... I will need someone for support.

7. What is your biggest fear about delivery?
Complications

8. What's one thing that you've learned from being pregnant?
Naps are not over-rated!!!
DH(28), Me(26), DS(1), Baby Boy 2 EDD Sept 2, 2012!

beckyatmoms responded:

3 1/2 loooooong years! After 3 tries at IVF we succeeded!

2. If you know the gender was your mommy intuition right or what do you think you are having?

I didn't really have any intuition but I wanted 2 boys, I'm getting 2 girls....

Yes, pretty much finished besides what we are hoping to get for our shower.

2 cute sun hats from Gymboree

5. Bottle or Breast?

Going to try breastfeeding

Just me and my hubby

Having to have a C-section, which will most likely be the route we will have to take

Being pregnant with twins is WAY different than having a singleton. My first pregnancy with my DS was sooooo easy, this is sooooooooooooooo much harder!

korin81 responded:
Big Surprise! We were done at 2 lol.

Were both thinking boy, will know in a few weeks.

Not yet. We are moving our 3 year old DS to the FROG and turning his old room into the baby's new room

I have not bought a single thing yet.

5. Bottle or Breast?
Breastfeeding!

My husband

Complications, c-section (never had one yet, fingers crossed)

Every pregnancy is most def different! Morning sickness can get worse with each pregnancy.
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(3), DD(1) EDD: 10/18/12

Zaysmama responded:
We were trying for 4 cycles
I wanted a baby sister for my DS but he is getting a baby brother, figured it would be my luck though
No not at all
Haven't bought anything yet, now that we know the gender we will be jumping on everything blue
5. Bottle or Breast?
Bottle again, worked out well with my son
DH and maybe my mom
Anything going wrong
Not every pregnancy is the same & take all the relaxation time u can!!!

sarahann1978 responded:

We conceived both babies two months after going off the pill. We didn't really "try" the first month, then it happened when we did try.

With my first I thought for sure it was a girl, and nope, I have a wonderful DS. This time I tried not to think about it. I had a dream that it was a boy, but as someone I know pointed out, it was probably my way of preparing for that since I kind of was wanting a girl.

Sort of, but not really. We transitioned DS to a bed a few months ago so he would be clear of the crib for several months. Other than that we are going to move him to a new room and keep his current room as the nursery. We are thinking of leaving him there until July though because we have company coming the last weekend of June. We are also applying for jobs and may move before then too, so I am in no rush.

I ordered some HALO sleep sack swaddlers before I knew the gender because I needed to fill out a BRU order for free shipping. After I knew it was a girl I bought some headbands with bows.

5. Bottle or Breast?

Definitely breast, it was so great the last time.

My husband

I will be attempting VBAC, so fear of a rupture is the biggest one of several.

I am blessed to be a woman and have the ability to carry a child. It is a wonderful and horrible experience all at once that I wouldn't want to give up for anything.
Sarah (33) DH (31) DS (Jan 2009) Team Pink Baby (Aug 2012)

mommyin2011 responded:
I was not trying...I actually just had my son on 7/31/11 and went in for my 6 wk check up and they asked me if I wanted to be on birth control and I said no (we had been TTC for over 4 yrs. Had an IUI in Sept. 2010 and it didn't work...ended up getting pregnant the following month!!). Since it took so long to have my son, I thought I wasn't going to be able to have any more kids...well, I got pregnant right away!! Im currently 27w4d (about 7 months) pregnant (LO due 7/20/12) and my son will be 9 months at the end of this month!!

I thought I was having a boy. All my dreams were boys - my MIL had a dream I was having a girl - she was right!

After my baby shower I will start.

After I found out I was having a girl, I went to the store and bought her a little dress.

5. Bottle or Breast?
I breast fed for a little bit with my son, but didn't have much luck. I will try again with my daughter. If not, bottle fed it is!

My hubby and mom. My MIL really wants to be there too...Im still debating that one...

That anything will be wrong with my baby

Not all pregnancies are the same! This one is so much different from my first!
Me (29) DH (27) 4 fur babies - DS born 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! 11 days before DS 1st birthday! :) PINK TEAM!!

jedmonds12 responded:
We decided to stop using BC and see what happened... and what happened was pregnancy the first month!

I think I know what I'm having... will be confirmed in 2 weeks!

I got the spare room cleaned out, if that counts!

Nothing yet, we're waiting to see what we're having.

5. Bottle or Breast?
Definitely breast, hopefully we can do it longer than I did with my 1st.

Just my DH and whatever nurse is on shift, LOL

Stalling, baby not handling contrax well.

Each one is different; you never know it all.
Julie (27), DF (34). Our little boy is due 4/18/11!

mwhite80 responded:

None of my pregnancies were planned and after my daughter we said we were done so this one was a big surprise

My husband guess the gender right all three times.

No because we are planning on moving after my son is done with preschool for the year.

I bought a lightweight summer sleeper for him to come home in but we are using alot of hand-me-downs from my son and some onsies from my daughter that were gently used.

5. Bottle or Breast?

Breastfeeding for as long as I can.

It will be me and my husband. I liked it that way. My mom and friend were there when my son was born since dhwas away but he was right there by my side for our daughters birth.

I guess a c-section would scare me since I never had one before, I have really had no major surgury before.

I love being a mommy and I love each of my kids planned or not but we are 100% done. I dont care anymore if it is me and not my hubby.
Madeline(31)DH(31)-DS Paul(4), Angel baby mc @ 6weeks 8/2008, DD Isabella(14 months) New Baby Boy HPT 1/07/12 EDD 08/25/2012 Blue Team

htots responded:
This is fun!

Literally only tried three times! Then we both came down with a real nasty flu. We figured it would happen the next month. But I was already pregnant!!

I had no idea. But my husband thought the whole time it was going to be a boy, and he was right.

No, we don't know where work will be sending us off to after the baby comes. Beauty of traveling!

A onesie and teddy bear in New York while we were on vacation.

5. Bottle or Breast?
Hoping to breastfeed.

Just my Hubby.

Complications and that I will be in labor FOREVER

Sleep as much as possible. It will never be the same

light76 responded:
Both; after TTC for almost 3 years and after going to 6 IUIs and 3 IVFs all unsuccessful; we had given up hope; so when I got pregnant on my own; it was a big surprise.

I think its a girl but will find out in 3 weeks.

Nope

Not bought anything yet

5. Bottle or Breast?
Going to try breastfeeding

My husband and the medical staff.

Complications and labor pain. I do not have a good tolerance for pain.

Everything that I thought I knew about pregnancy did not happen to me. I thought it takes time for your tummy to start growing but nope mine starting getting bigger very early on. I thought morning sickness was something everyone gets; nope I did not have any. I thought I would get some kind of cravings; no cravings at all. I did not expect the crampings at all; freaked me out in the beginning.

Shakanson responded:
I went off birth control at the end of November, and found out I was pregnant on Valentine's Day, so it only took about 2 months.

2.If you know the gender was your mommy intuition right or what do you think you are having?
We won't find out gender for another month, but I keep having dreams it's a girl. But it might just be wishful thinking

3. Have you started the nursey?
Not yet. I've started planning it, but we are holding off for now.

When my mom came to visit we bought a Winnie the Pooh crib set (that was the theme for both my husband and my nurseries when we were babies).

5. Bottle or Breast?
I'm going to try breastfeeding.

My husband for sure, and my mom if the baby doesn't come too early (we are military so in a different state). My mother-in-law really wants to be there, but I don't want her to be.

That I will have to have a C-section because my pelvis is too small.

It's okay to take time for yourself. I've been so sick and tired so far, and now that I finally gave in and started taking time for myself instead of always taking care of everyone else I'm starting to feel better.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 31, married, and am expecting baby #2 with dh. We just found out we are having another boy!!! Our first boy is 4 1/2 and is excited to be having ...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.