Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
HB determine gender?
melb1121 posted:
has anybody heard anything regarding high vs. low HB determining the gender?.....and if so which is which thanks!
Melenie(27) DH(27) DD1(3) DD2(2)...BFP 3/25/12....EDD 12/4/12 green team!!

WantAnother2012 responded:
I have heard that the higher hearbeat refers to a girl- the lower refers to a boy? Also they have done studies and proved that this in fact is just considered an old wives tale- bummer- wish it was factual!

Shakanson responded:
Well, they say that a higher heart beat is supposed to be a girl, and a lower hear beat is supposed to be a boy, but I wouldn't count on it being accurate. My baby's heart beat has been on the lower side, and our ultrasound showed a girl, and my mom was told my sister would be a boy because she had such a low heart rate. It's fun to guess though
Sasha (22), DH (21), EDD 10/25/2012

DixieBrandon responded:
Actually they have done studies and they have found that most of the time a baby with a higher HB is a girl due to certain hormones a girl produces. It is not always true in all cases, but they say there is a difference. My 3 girls were all between 145-160bpm and I am now 23w3d with my first baby boy and last baby. His is always 125-130bpm. So mine is correct with that. Not saying all babies are, but in the studies roughly 67% of the time the HB can tell. Its not huge, but there is somewhat of a difference. Good luck!

melb1121 replied to DixieBrandon's response:
thanks for all the responses
Melenie(27) DH(27) DD1(3) DD2(2)...BFP 3/25/12....EDD 12/4/12 green team!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My life has been extremely blessed! I'm currently pregnant with my first natural child. I do have two wonderful step children who I fully claim an...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful