Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Fetal Movement
thebirdisblue87 posted:
Hello everyone. I just wanted to ask everyones thoughts on fetal movement. This is my first pregnancy and I started to feel the baby move about 2 weeks ago. It was moving all over on Friday and I have not felt it now since Friday night. Does anyone now if this is normal. I don't go to the doctor until June 25th.

korin81 responded:
How far a long are you? They don't suggest kick counts until 27/28 weeks because babies movements are so sporadic before that. And each pregnancy is way different. My first I did not feel anything till 23 weeks, and it was off and on for a couple then pretty solid by 25 weeks. My second I felt her at 12 weeks, then nothing till 16 weeks. This one I felt a flutter at 16 weeks then nothing until last week. I am now 20 weeks and I feel her all the time now. They have their own routine in there already (playing and sleeping and such). So depending on how far along you are I would say normal!
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(3), DD(1), Khloe Madison EDD: 10/18/12

thebirdisblue87 replied to korin81's response:
I am 17 weeks. It only worried me because I felt it everyday for a week and a half and then nothing. I was thought it was kinda normal since I am so early but I just wanted to ask some people who have been through it. Thank you for your response. Congrats on the girl.

korin81 replied to thebirdisblue87's response:
Thanks, and your welcome! You could always call your doc for reassurance.
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(3), DD(1), Khloe Madison EDD: 10/18/12

Spotlight: Member Stories

My life has been extremely blessed! I'm currently pregnant with my first natural child. I do have two wonderful step children who I fully claim an...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful