Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
nesting is already starting
mama_to_bunches posted:
I start nesting quick but geez it's kicking in quick this time! I'm so tired of the kid's closet set up. I'm ready to clean out and re-organize ALL the closets in the house. lol

Zaysmama responded:
lol... I have spurts where everything in the house is on my nerves and not clean enough and other times im just too exhausted to do anything but relax...
I am hoping to get out all of DS's toys this weekend and wash stuffed animals and bleach hard toys... n then once the nursery is actually set up I will go the same with LOs toys, clothes, blankets, pillows, etc... lol 2 wknds ago DS went with his father and while he was gone I washed all of his blankets and reorganized his dresser as well as my closet and dresser... and I know once the nursery is set up its going to bug me until everything is complete! lol So i totally relate on the nesting issue! I am 26w 1d and I feel like i'm so behind this time!
Me(22), DS(3), Blue Team Baby EDD 9/10/2012

Wilkesia14 responded:
Haha! I'm a first-timer, five months along now, and have been learning all kinds of things about pregnancy. Much of the time, my behavior preceeds the knowledge of it. The organization and needs for efficiency in my home have been on my mind with increasing frequency. The other day I emptied out nearly the entire bedroom (drawers, storage bins, misc. furniture, and even clothing), to discard unnecessaries and organize everything before putting it back. Just so I could know where and what everything was in the future fairly easily. My sister (who's three kids in already) came over as I was mid-way, the living room a sprawling exhibit of my husband and I, and exclaimed "Uh oh, she's neeesting!". First time I had heard that, and realized that's exactly what I was doing. Haha, it's the perfect word!

mama_to_bunches responded:
I should have added I'm only 13 weeks! Lol I do this everytime though. I moved the extra crib that was in pieces in my bedroom and put it together in the baby room and moved the little cubical i'll use too. Everything is empty but set up in the corner. Lol I'm sure the crib will act as a large laundry basket for the time being. I only have about 23 weeks left if you take away 30 days because I'm having twins. 23 seems long but I know they'll just fly by.

Zaysmama replied to mama_to_bunches's response:
Well its never too soon to start nesting. With DS #1 I started really early and was very settled by the time he came along, but with DS #2 I am almost 27wks and havent even cleaned out the nursery. I have gone thru clothes and organized them and washed stuff up. I plan to go thru old toys and clean them or discard them for baby as well as DS #1. My son thinks I'm nuts because I don't just clean up his toys by putting them in the toy boxes now, I actually organize them and have them separated. lol all the little things! Its driving me crazy that I have to wait for my storage shed to come to clean out the nursery, but then I will be on the ball getting everything in order! Can't Wait!!!
Me(22), DS(3), Blue Team Baby EDD 9/10/2012

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Nikki (24) DH (26). I have a DD (4) from a previous relationship. I have known DH for 7 years, started dating when DD was about 16mo. We had b...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful