Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
hope i am in the right community
oliviaand posted:
Hello ladies:

I am new here. Just one question, this discussion is if you are in your 2nd trimester right? Just wanted to know because I had posted on another pregnancy blog and I was in the wrong place and a member messaged me stating that I was disrespectful and that it was for moms who had delivered their babies already. I didn't know because it said it was for moms whose due dates were in October 2012. i mean, the last thing I want to be disrespectful or insenitive to anyone on here.

I am due October 13 2012. I don't know what my baby is yet. But I hope to find out soon. Today, I had gone to see my doctor because I had some very intense pain in my pubic bone area. It hurt so bad that I couldn't walk very far. My doctor told me that it was my pubic bone loosening up because I am already past the halfway mark. He said I should put heat on it if it hurts.

Also, has anyone had sciatica? I don't really have it badly, but when it does hit me, it hurts, especially in my lower leg and foot. I sit a lot at work so I feel the tingling in my leg, and it is annoying. My doctor said it is because my uterus is growing and it will put pressure on my nerve.

Congrats to all of you for your new bundles of joy!

nikndan13 responded:
Congrats and welcome to the 2nd trimester ! You are in the right spot : ) with my last pregnancy I had both symptoms you are talking about and had a desk job too which unfortunately can make the back pain worse - if you can try and get a small pillow for your lower back while you are sitting and try and take smaller more freq. breaks to stretch out if you can . Unfortunately not much can be done about the pubic bone pain but I noticed mine was worse when rolling over in bed and if I moved too quickly so I started sitting up before rolling over and switching side and that seemed to at least not aggravate it as much . HTH : )
Nikki (29) DH (32) DD (13) DD (10) DD (2) EDD 10/28 scheduled c-section 10/23 Blue Team ! Yay ! Excited for my lil future cowboys fan ; )

oliviaand replied to nikndan13's response:
thank you. i will definitely try that.My baby will also be a future cowboys fan. I live in texas, so of course I have always been a cowboys fan. .

nikndan13 replied to oliviaand's response:
Lol I'm in NY but we are HUGE Cowboys fans ! We just found out we are having a boy so this fall/ football season is gonna be that much more special : ) hope you are feeling better soon! Do you have other LO's or is this your first ?
Nikki (29) DH (32) DD (13) DD (10) DD (2) EDD 10/28 scheduled c-section 10/23 Blue Team ! Yay ! Excited for my lil future cowboys fan ; )

Zaysmama replied to nikndan13's response:
Welcome to the board!

as for you cowboys fans, my mom is a fan of the team as well and upon our search for baby boy stuff we found a few things that were Mickey Mouse in a Cowboys uniform. It was a very cute set and possible option for decorating DS's room! thought it would be cute for you guys!
Me(22), DS(3), Blue Team Baby EDD 9/10/2012

My 1st. How about you? How is the weather in New York? I know sometimes you get an unexpected heat wave. so I hope it doesn't get too hot over there. I live in West Texas, so we have temperatures already of above 100. Yuck! I drink lots of water.

oliviaand replied to Zaysmama's response:
Two of my favorite things, Cowboys and Micky Mouse. Thank you.

Congrats on your anniversary also. I am not married and I am not with the baby's father (he is being a jerk about this whole thing, stating that he is not the father even though I know he is). That's okay. I have already gone down the road to get a paternity test done to prove he is the father (and he is in the military).

What will you name your little baby boy? If my baby is a girl, her name will be: Irene Charlize. I always said that if I had a girl, I would name her after my grandmother. If he is a boy, his name will be Micah Israel. I love that name.

Again, Happy Anniversary!

nikndan13 replied to oliviaand's response:
Weathers not too bad up here been hanging in the 80's and somewhat pleasant - for now - it can get pretty yucky with huge heat waves and humidity ! This is baby #4 my finale lol I have 3 girls so it's pretty perfect I'm getting my lil guy ! I love both your names we are still debating names we have some family names too but haven't been able to pick one yet. Keep your head up about the baby's father and just surround yourself with people that care about you and your LO . Having a good support system can help a ton especially if the father is not being there for you . Keep drinking that water girl with that Texas heat ; ) I would've broke out the kiddie pool already if it was that hot lol ; )

nikndan13 replied to Zaysmama's response:
Ooh I love Mickey too ! Gonna have to find one : ) I did find some sleepers that were adorable too already ! We are decorating above his crib with cowboys ( not the team but actual cowboys on horses : ) I found a great website that has stick on wall decals that were adorable and affordable : ) my to fav. things ; )

Zaysmama replied to oliviaand's response:
If you go to walmart.com there are alot of different blankets and throws and pillows and stuffed animals with mickey dressed in any NFL team you could want... Not much in the baby dept for NFL Mickey, but the blankets would be a start for when he is older!...

Zaysmama replied to nikndan13's response:
That sounds adorable! I figure since DS and LO will be sharing a room once LO is big enough, I might do the mickey with my favorite team for DS and then find baby mickey with the same color scheme for LO and as they get bigger i will do the room all NFL for the boys!

sarahann1978 responded:
I'm lurking here from the third tri. I have been battling hip and pubic pain for a while now. The thing I find that helps most is to take a regular pillow and stuff it under my bump when I sleep at night. Something about supporting the extra weight keeps it from pulling on the pelvic region.
Sarah (33) DH (31) DS (Jan 2009) Team Pink Baby (Aug 2012)

iceechic responded:
I am having horrible pain mainly back and hips, the pubic bone hurts if I roll over in bed, or sneeze or cough. At my last dr. appt. I told her bout my pain and she prescirbed, physical therapy. So my fist appt. is in 2 weeks I hope it helps.
Good luck with your pregnancy, the adventure with the father. Keep us posted.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jill. I am happily married for over 2 years, we've been together almost 10 years. We have a beautiful daughter Grace who will be turnin...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.