Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Anybody here have an amnio before?
Taylove11 posted:
Hi ladies,

I have an amnio scheduled on 6/25 based off our perinatalogist's recommendation. Has anybody here had one before? I read a little about it... It's supposed to be fairly painless, right? I understand that they will give me a local before doing it. Any words of advice? Did you have pain afterward? I'm planning on returning to work after the procedure. I have a desk job, but do you think that is a good idea? Any input is appreciated. I'm really nervous about this whole thing.
Me (24), DH (31), DD (1-1/2) Expecting again! EDD 12/7/12. Green team

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I had one done when I was pregnant. The doctor recommended I not lift anything heavy for 48 hours. I, too, have an office job but I still stayed home one day. If you can, I would take it easy for 24 hours. I had to send my son to grandma and grandpa's for one day since I couldn't pick him up to put him in/take him out of his crib.

nikndan13 responded:
I've never had one done but I was there for a friend who had one done for each pregnancy ( 3 diff. Pregnancys ) I was told it felt just like a pinch and she was not given a local for any of them . I would also recommend taking the day off and going home and put your feet up . I would just not focus on what the doc is doing and focus on the screen and watching your little baby it's really quick and before you know it you will be done . Maybe even treat yourself with some take out : ) good luck kep us posted
Nikki (29) DH (32) DD (13) DD (10) DD (2) EDD 10/28 scheduled c-section 10/23 Blue Team ! Yay ! Excited for my lil future cowboys fan ; )

Taylove11 replied to nikndan13's response:
Thank you ladies! I will plan on taking it easy the day of. I may have to send DD to her grandma's that night. She is pushing 30 pounds now and always wants to be held. I really appreciate your input. Take care and I will keep you posted.

Best wishes!
T
Me (24), DH (31), DD (1-1/2) Expecting again! EDD 12/7/12. Green team

lilbean34 responded:
I had an amnio done, and yes I was nervous, but my hubby was there to hold my hand. It surprisingly does not hurt, and was quick. I also had no local. I had the day off just because I was off already. It was less sore in the amnio spot than your arm when they draw blood. Waiting for the results was more agonizing than the actual process. Good luck and you will be fine. Relax....!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Erin (me) (24) and Josh (DH) (24) have been married since Dec. 2, 2006! We have a spoiled dog-Fang. We started TTC May 2009 and on Nov. 13, 2009 got o...More

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.