Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
anyone itching a lot?
oliviaand posted:
I know I have posted this before about the itching. I am going to try the cocoa butter. However I wanted to ask if any of you if you have experienced any itching down in your girlie parts. I am sorry for the personal nature of this question and it is embarrassing for me to ask this question. But I have been experiencing a lot of itching down there to the point that I feel as though my pubic hair is stratching me. I am using a medicine (cream) that my doctor gave me because he said I had vulvitis. It does help but I just wanted to know if anyone on here is experiencing or has experienced this while pregnant. Again, sorry for this question, it is embarrassing to ask this question but just wanted to know. Thank you.

mama_to_bunches responded:
It's good you've talked to your doctor. How long have you been using the cream? I know when I've had yeast infections (which I get when I'm pregnant) that it takes a couple days to feel better down there. If it keeps up ask the doctor. I'm not comfortable messing around with different creams down there. KWIM? I'd rather leave it up to the doctor to tell me what to do.

I got yeast infections with my last three pregnancies and they're not fun. It's usually in 2nd tri around 16-20 weeks seems like it hit me. Not sure why. But, you can use the OTC meds. Just check with your doctor first. Some want you to do the seven day, some the three. I know they said no one day meds because they were too strong.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I'm Erica. I am happily married to my highschool sweetheart Gary, we have been together for 14 years married for 7. We have a beautiful daughte...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.