Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Movement after 11 a.m.
KOMmom posted:
I'm a little over 22 weeks and it seems like little Ethan doesn't want to start moving around too much until after 11 a.m. or so. I thought it was a fluke but over the past week or so I swear it's almost 11 on the dot and I start to feel rolling, tugging, some kicking. Has anyone else had that happen. I guess I'm also a little more insecure because it seemed like when I was pregnant with my daughter she was always moving around. This one not as much, or maybe she did later and I just don't remember. Just looking for a little reassurance! Had my ultrasound at 20 weeks and everything looked perfect so maybe I'm worried over nothing

mama_to_bunches responded:
My first pregnancy was a boy and he hardly ever moved. It made me crazy. My girls have always gone crazy in there so I wonder if it's a boy/girl thing.

He could have himself a little schedule and sleep in the mornings. Do you eat around 11am? Maybe the sugar/carbs/etc.. get him going too.

Zaysmama replied to mama_to_bunches's response:
DS1 barely moved unless he had the hiccups but during that pregnancy I was always on the go and had very little down time at work or at home... with this LO I work a desk job and he moves constantly. I know that your movement supposedly soothes baby to sleep so it could be the opposite for you... as long as he is moving i wouldnt worry too much about it. docs say if you are worried drink a glass or 2 of water and lay on your side, the kick count isnt supposed to start until 28weeks but if baby is usually easily felt, it may work for you, but don't panic either way!
Me(22), DS(3), Blue Team Baby EDD 9/10/2012

Shakanson responded:
I'm 21 weeks with my first, and I think my baby has herself on a schedule because there are long stretches of time when I almost never feel her moving, and then certain times when she will go crazy flipping around and kicking. She'll wake me up around 6:30, and then I won't notice her moving around much again until lunch time. I bet your little boy has himself on a sleep schedule
Sasha (22), DH (21), EDD 10/25/2012

beckie_33 replied to mama_to_bunches's response:
I don't think it's a boy/girl thing. I'm having a boy and he moves all the time. At my 10 week ultrasound he was waving and at 18 he was moving like crazy. I've just started to really feel him move and he doesn't seem to quit. I've either got a soccer player or a kicker for a football team.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I am 24 and my SO is 25. This is our first baby. We have been together 2 years. Not married yet but will be next April. We are very excited about ...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.