Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Spotting is that bad?
Hannah48810 posted:
I am 15 1/2 weeks pregnant and I'm having some slight spotting that lasted less then a day. Went to the doctor today and said everything looks fine with my baby but he/she is measuring 2 weeks behind. Is this anything to be concerned about? Does this mean Im gonna have a baby with a low birth rate or a preemie or still birth or miscarriage? Please help me out. I recently just felt the baby kick for the first time. This has to be a sign everything is ok right?

HayleesMom2007 responded:
Hi. I would not worry if I were you. Some light spotting in pregnancy is common and you should only be concerned over bleed if it is heavy red bleeding. light spotting is usually just old blood on the cervic. As for the baby measuring behind I wouldn't worry about that either, at my 19 wk u/s with my first pregnancy my DD measure 3 wks small, they did another u/s/ 6 wks later and her measurements were right on target with my original due date she was just a slow starter which is common. She did end up being born 2 wks late (very common) but she was perfectly healthy. Or you may have been slightly off with your last period or you ovulated late any of those can be a factor. If the baby looked good otherwise and you are starting to feel movement I would say that everything is probaby fine. Try not to stress yourself out that isn't good for you or the baby. If the bleeding keeps up or changes request to see your doctor.
Erica (29), DH (31), DD (4) and baby No. 2 on the way EDD 11/14/12 blue team!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Ashlee and i am a 20 year old single mom. The father isn't around anymore but that's ok. I found out that i am having a son and his...More

Helpful Tips

Profile pic
Are you ladies having any trouble adjusting the picture for your profile? I haven't had any luck with adjusting my pic to show all of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.